Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Hershey's Kiss

Megan has been practicing the last few months for her ballet recital. The recital happened this past Friday night. She was so excited to get dressed up and to wear make up for the recital. We were told to put the girls hair up in a ballet bun and put on some eyeliner, mascara and lipstick! Well...Megan loves to get dressed up and she loves make up!!
Her little 4 year old class were all dressed up as Hershey's Kisses. The whole production was called "Candyland" and all the preschoolers wore different kinds of candy. It was so cute!!!On the day of the recital Megan had to be there an hour early. She started to get a little nervous and was glued to my leg. I was a little worried that she would not want to perform. But, once she saw all the other little girls in her class, she was happy...and so was I!All the grandparents and my dear friend Jassie came to watch her. Jassie gave her a pink rose after her dance and Meggie loved it!
Here's a little video of her performance...she's in the middle!

Jeff took the girls to the park last week. I always love it when he comes home from work and asks the girls if they want to go play at the park. The girls get so excited! It's great for me too, because then I can get dinner ready without all the interruptions.Last week was Meggie's last ballet class and this Friday is her last swimming lesson, so things will slow down a little bit for us. Although, I'm going to register the girls for kick 'n run soccer and probably another set of swimming lessons. But, I don't think that starts until May!

Morning snuggles...
Our friends had their first baby this week! We went to the hospital to visit them and I totally forget how small newborns are. Marty seems like a giant compared to this little guy! He is such a little sweetheart...Last Monday we had our last Easter egg hunt with our friends. This has become an annual tradition for us. There are five families and 12 kids among us! This year 2 families were not able to make it and we missed them:( But we still had lots of fun. It was raining pretty good while we were having dinner, but the rain stopped and the kids were ready for the hunt... Marty woke up with this crazy hair one morning. And seriously, this is how happy Marty is every morning!!We got a new carseat/booster seat for Gabby and Marty got Gabby's carseat. He's such a big boy now!! So, we are officially out of the baby stage:( He was so proud...and loved to be forward facing!!That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed all the pictures:)

5 comments:

Kirsten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsten said...

So fun! Meg's is adorable. Wish I could have come and cheered her on.

Traci said...

Oh man- the video didn't work for me. Can you try posting it to fb or emailing it? I wish we could have been there for the recital... Megs looks adorable as a hershey kiss. Love you all!

Lindsay said...

Little hershey's kisses?!? That is too cute! I love Marty. Happy babies make me smile :)

kelly ens said...

CUTE little hershey kiss :)
love marty's morning smiles and hair - too funny!