Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The long weekend...

We haven't been taking to many pictures lately, so I don't think this will be a long post. We had a great long weekend! Jeff was off for four days and we spent lots of time together as a family. The kids always love spending time with their daddy!!

The girls made a fort on the deck and wanted to have their lunch in there...
Out for a walk downtown on the long weekend...
Jeff helped our friends lay sod in their backyard on Saturday morning. And then helped them move into their new house on Sunday morning. Jeff has really been into riding his bike lately. He has a mountain bike and he is borrowing his dad's old road bike as well. He went for a ride on Monday morning for about an hour and there wasn't much traffic because of the holiday. I am continually amazed at all the athletic things Jeff has been doing lately...running, working out, biking. I'm really glad he's enjoying doing these things!
I went to my soccer game last Tuesday night at the University fields. The game was at 9pm under the lights. Both teams were there and ready to play, but the lights weren't on and we couldn't find anyone to help us. It was too dark to play at that time, so the game got cancelled:( I was disappointed because I haven't played in 5 weeks because of my quad injury and I wanted to play. Anyways, we have another game tonight, so I'm looking forward to that!
Posing with Ogopogo!
Love these guys...
Daddy and his kids!
Happy boy!!
Sitting on the deck with some friends...
Enjoying the pool in the hot weather...
We went to my parents place for a swim and dinner on Saturday afternoon/evening! Megan was so brave and swam on her own for the first time(with her lifejacket on). Once she got the hang of it, she didn't want our help anymore! Gabby likes to swim some of the time, but she's also happy to sit on the stairs and watch. Marty loves the water and he loves to be thrown into the air and splashing around in the water!

And...we are SO excited, Jeff and I are going to Las Vegas!! We booked the trip the other day and now it's only about 3 weeks away. It's going to sneak up on us really quick. I'm a tad nervous to leave the kids for 4 nights, but I know they are in good hands with the grandparents!! We are going there to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we are actually in Vegas for my birthday too. We want to see a show while we are there, but we don't know which one yet!
I'm also excited for this week, because Kirsten is coming for a visit!! We always LOVE having her come here. The girls are already asking when she is coming! We don't have any real plans for the weekend, but I know that we'll have fun together:)








1 comment:

Greg said...

Of course you'll have fun, who wouldn't have fun with an extra Schroeder around! And have a great time in Vegas too, it's on my someday list.