Saturday, December 18, 2010

All things Christmas...

First off, a huge congratulations to our dear friends Jen & Isaac, on the birth of their beautiful baby girl, Charlotte Mae!!
She was born first thing in the morning and Jeff and I went to visit her that evening! I totally forgot what it was like to hold a newborn. She was only 8 hours old and already so beautiful and peaceful!! I'm in love with her:)
Jeff and I walked out of the hospital and I said to him, "doesn't it make you want to have another one?" and he said "not at all!"...what?!?! I don't know if it is materal instinct or what, but I could totally have another one after seeing her. Of course, that is not going to happen and I am perfectly content with our little family!
Last week, we got hit with another cold...surprise, surprise, it's sickness season! It hasn't been too bad and we are on the mend now, just in time for Christmas:)
I can't believe it's Christmas in less than a week! I think I'm ready. Jeff and I are hosting Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for our families this year. It's just our family and all the grandparents, none of our siblings are home for Christmas(well, Eric and Traci will be here after Christmas!). I've never done a Turkey before, so we'll see how it turns out!

Megan had her last day of school before the holidays on Friday and she had a great time! They had a "Ho-down" dance party in the gym in the morning. I took Gabby and Marty to watch and dance too. Gabby was a little unsure of all the kids, but Marty loved it and wanted to dance with all the kids! It was so cute:)
Megan had a busy last week of school...decorating gingerbread houses, Christmas crafts, visits from Santa, dance party and Christmas party! She also had to say good-bye to her teacher. She was a little sad about her teacher leaving a few nights ago, but we talk about her a lot and she seems to understand. She's now looking forward to meeting her new teacher in the New Year.

Going out sledding at the school hill...

This week, Gabby decided to give herself a little haircut!! I remember a few years ago when Megan did the same thing! I didn't think I had any scissors around that Gabby could get at. I was on the phone the other morning and it was really quiet in the house...then Gabby came out of the bedroom and she had white cream all over her face. Then I went into the bedroom and saw a pile of hair on the floor. I asked Gabby what this was and she said "I cut my hair!". It actually isn't too bad, Megan's self cut was way worse.

Megan and Gabby had their Christmas concert at church this morning! They sang a couple of Christmas songs. It was adorable!! Then they had a Christmas party and got to decorate sugar cookies and make Christmas crafts!
As I sit here and write this, it is snowing like crazy outside and really starting to look a lot like Christmas! May we remember the true reason we celebrate Christmas...thank you Jesus that you came as a baby, for US!! There is no great gift we could receive...
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I love your family! What special times together. And you are right, what a joy to celebrate the true reason for Christmas!