Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's raining today!!

We have been really enjoying the hot weather, but today it's been pouring rain and I love it!!! It's just nice to have a change once in a while. Although we were looking forward to warm weather this week because my sister's family is here and we wanted to do outside stuff with the kids, oh well!! I also would like the weather to be a little nicer for this weekend when we go to Oroville for a little vacation.

Megan got stuck in her bed this week and she was crying and Jeff said to her "just wait a minute I have to get the camera". So she stayed stuck for a few extra minutes to he could take pictures!!!
We had an extended family dinner last week with Jeff's family as his aunt and uncle were visiting. It was nice to see everyone again. Megan and Gabby are always the center of attention at these things!!

Last Friday night Jeff went out with some of his friends for a poker night and I of course stayed home!! I had a friend over for the evening and we watched a "girly" movie!! It was so much fun, we just chatted and watched the movie and the kids were in bed, so it was great. We are going to do that more often. Jeff came home late and I was already in bed, but in the morning he told me that he won $75 at poker!! He was very happy with that.

On Saturday we went to watch Jeff's brother play in a tennis tournement. It was really hot and he played tennis all day long!!! He and his tennis partner won the tournement. It was great!! Then we went back to Jeff's parents house for a BBQ. Yummy steaks!! On Sunday we went to Jeff's cousins wedding open house and then visited with my parents in the evening. (after writing this, it sounds like all we do is hang out with our families!!!) I guess that's true. Jeff's parents got a new car on the weekend, so here is dad and Megs posing for the camera.
My sister and her family are here until tomorrow and we are having them over for a BBQ tonight. Megan loves to play with her cousins. She is starting to play together with other kids now, she especially likes kids a little older than her and she follows what they are doing!! She played with the 2 neighbour girls the other night and she had so much fun!!
Well, I am off to make a dessert and salad for tonight!! Bye for now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hang-out with you! Loren

Kirsten said...

What has blogging done to us - that we make our kids wait as we go run and get our cameras. Too funny! Always love your updates! And thanks so much for sharing the cute story about Megs dream about me. Touched my heart! I miss you guys.