Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Our internet was down all weekend, so I wasn't able to blog then:( We had a really busy, but fun week!! Last Wednesday was my work Christmas get together...we went to a restaurant and had appies and drinks. Then on Thursday night I had my cookie exchange with some girl friends. It was fun and we had lots of yummy food!! And on Friday night we had Jeff's work Christmas party. We even stayed out until 11:30pm!! That's super late for us, but we had a good time. It was strange to be out that much in one week, but it was fun. Although, by Saturday I was totally exhausted from the lack of sleep:( The girls did really well for Jeff and his parents, as they babysat on Friday night. Megan likes to "hold" Gabby and she's not a big fan of it:(
On Sunday night, Jeff's brother, Curt came home from Winnipeg. We spent the evening together and then he stayed the night. The boys stayed up late playing video games! Meggie was excited to see uncle Curt again and he bought her this super cute hoodie.
Cuddles with Uncle Curt!!

On Monday, Jeff, Curt, the girls and I went shopping to get some of Curt's Christmas shopping done. It was good that we went in the morning as I'm sure the mall would be packed by the afternoon. It was so nice to have Jeff home that extra day...and he made us a really nice breakfast in the morning. What a good husband!! I am looking forward to him being home the whole week between Christmas and New Years!!

I can't believe that Christmas Day is only one week away. This month has gone by so fast! We leave on Saturday to go to my sister's place for the weekend. I hope the girls travel well...we have borrowed a portable DVD player from our friends for the trip! We will stay there until Monday and be back home for Christmas Eve.

Gabby is starting to get around. She is not crawling yet, but she wiggles her way around. She seems to be getting frustrated sometimes when she can't get something she wants. I don't think it will be long until she is crawling. I can't believe how fast my baby is growing!
Here is Meggie in her new Christmas outfit from Ama and Papa Beep. Jeff thinks she looks like a catholic school girl!!
Yesterday Jeff went to our friends house and did a little electrical work there. He decided to take Meggie along for fun. The job didn't go very smoothly so they stayed longer then he expected. He and Megan didn't get home until about 7:15pm. And Megs was a little wired when she got home so it took her about an hour to fall asleep. She had so much at their house and she got to watch Cinderella and help make cookies and snacks. She was in heaven!!

Megan is loving being out in the snow this year! Especially if she gets to use her shovel. My parents gave her this little shovel just the right size for her. She loves to shovel with daddy. It's so cute to watch!!

I'll leave you with this cute picture of Meggie....

She has a little problem with "plumbers crack" in these jeans:)

Merry Christmas to everyone!! May we all truly celebrate the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ this holiday season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tan!
Sounds like you're having a great Christmas so far! The girls are adorable. I didn't think Megan and Gabby looked too much alike until I saw the picture of Gabby reaching for the snowflake! I actually thought that it was Megan as a baby for a minute!
Cade isn't even close to moving yet. I put him on all fours and he just rolls onto his back. He just started rolling over a week ago! Boys definitely are a little slower than girls (developmentally, I mean). Thankfully I don't have to worry about the Christmas tree this year...next year will be different, hey?! We'll have a couple of 19 month olds running around!
Merry Christmas to you guys and thanks for the great picture! Hope to see you sometime in the New Year!
love,
Annette

Keith - Kristen said...

Hey Teagan has that same Christmas sweater as Meggie :)
I love that pic of Gabby trying to grab at the snowflake!
So glad your able to enjoy Christmas with good friends and family. Hope your trip to your sisters goes well. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Eric Vogt said...

I can't wait to see you guys next week! As always, I love seeing the pictures of my two beautiful little nieces!