Thursday, February 14, 2008

Party Time

The girls just being cute!!!
We are all feeling better now and have had a good week! The girls still have a little bit of a runny nose, but they are on the mend. Thankfully, Jeff and I did not get sick this time around:) Today is my parents 38th wedding anniversary...yes on Valentine's Day!! Congratulations mom and dad...we love you so much!
One of Megan's little friends had his 3rd birthday party last Saturday. The kids had so much fun at the party, eating pizza and birthday cake! Megan and Gabby are the only girls, because they pretty much only have boy friends! She really loves pizza!!!
Jeff and Megan enjoyed playing some games together, but she was just more interested in watching everything around her. At the party, Meggie won some "tickets" and she "bought" a tattoo with them. It's of a butterfly and she is very proud of it. She doesn't like us to wash her arm during bathtime, because she is protecting her butterfly!

Jeff's parents are leaving tonight for Indonesia...they are going on a three week holiday with some friends of theirs. They are staying in a bungalow right on their own beach! I really would love to be somewhere hot right now too:( We are going to miss them. We are taking care of their dog for a part of the time that they are gone. It should be interesting because Gabby is terrified of the dog!!! I think she will get used to Molly being around and hopefully by the end of Molly's stay, Gabby will love her.

We had Gabby's first set of swimming lessons this week. We go on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She absolutely loves it!! She is a real water baby. I dunked her under the water on the first day and she was totally fine with it. Today I dunked her again and she came out of the water smiling! Even when the water is cold she just laughs and smiles the whole time...I just love it. My mom and Meggie came in the pool with us today too and Megan did not want to leave. She is much more hesitant than Gabby, but still loves to be in the water.

Gabby is pulling herself up on everything these days! She does not move around furniture yet, but she is close. She is very busy and gets into everything. I really have to watch her:) I don't think walking is too far away...I'm a little worried!

The other day Megan was in her room having "quiet time" and looking at books on her bed. A little while later, Jeff and I were talking about how quiet it was and I went to check on her and this is what I found...

She had taken her skirt off and fell asleep with all her books!

Jeff completed the storage room this week and Meggie helped him pull off the tape around the baseboards.

I am signed up for this year's summer soccer season. I'm really excited to play again! The last time I played was the year between having Megan and Gabby. So I am totally out of shape:( I am playing with a bunch of my friends and it should be lots of fun. I can't wait to sign Meggie up for soccer too. I think I can do that when she turns 3...this summer!

Jeff's brother, Curt, is coming home this weekend for his reading break. His parents will be gone on their holiday, so he will probably stay with us some of the time. Megan has already been asking when Uncle is coming home from Winnipeg!

I hope you all have a great weekend!





No comments: