Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kick 'n Run

Meggie started her very first soccer lessons yesterday...it's called Kick 'n Run. She has so much fun and loved running around with the other kids. Her good friend is also on her team and they play so nicely together! It was really hot yesterday and she got some very rosy cheeky (I wonder where she gets that from:) Jeff and I sat on the side in our lawn chairs, while the kids were out in the hot sun. They didn't seem to mind! Megan pretty much ran for 45 minutes and she had a really good sleep last night. She has soccer every Tuesday and Thursday for the next month. I'm such a proud soccer mom!!

I bought her little soccer shorts and soccer socks...so cute, oh and pink cleats!!!
We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Friday night we had some friends over who we haven't seen in a while and it was good to catch up! On Saturday Jeff worked in the backyard...we are making a pea gravel area to put the playground in, so that we don't have to mow the grass around it. Jeff had to first move the underground sprinklers. Next he will have to put down landscape paper and the wood for around the playground. There are always projects going on around here:)Sunday we went to church and had lunch at church, then came home for nap time and then went to Jeff's parents place for dinner. All in all, it was a good weekend!Today, the girls and I met a bunch of our friends at the park and went for a walk and then played at the park. I think we were there for about 3 hours this morning. It was such a beautiful day and felt good to be outside:)Cuddles with daddy...
Gabby has finally figured out to stand/sit up in her crib!! Now it's a little frustrating because she gets up and hasn't figured out how to get down. So she stands at her crib and just cries or whines until we come in and lie her down again. Sometimes, at nap time I have to go in there a dozen times!!!! She is such a busy little girl. She can climb up our entire flight of stairs now without any help. The other day I was downstairs doing some laundry and the girls were playing in the playroom. Next thing I know when I run upstairs, is Gabby is already at the top!! She isn't walking yet, but she is close. She did take a few steps last week, but of course when we tried to video tape her doing it, she wouldn't do it:(Look at all her curls!!!

I think that's all for today...I hope you all have a great week!!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Such exciting moments. Those are the moments I would look forward to if I had kids. See you in 4 weeks.

Keith - Kristen said...

Wow, her hair has really grown. The curls are precious!