Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sickness...

This past week has been filled with sickness at our house:( Last Wednesday (Megan's birthday) she woke up at 10pm and was projectile vomiting!! She has never thrown up before and it was really sad to watch her so sick. She proceeded to wake up about every 45 minutes to an hour and vomit again and again... The last time we were up with her it was 4:30am!! Needless to say, the next day we were all exhausted. Gabby didn't wake up during that whole night, which I was so thankful for. Megan was sick for a few days and we still decided to have her little birthday dinner on Friday night as she seemed to be better. But, she was still not herself that night but she had fun opening her presents and blowing out the candles on her cake!Her butterfly birthday cake!My sick Meggie...she fell asleep in my arms and she NEVER does that anymore:(Jeff's mom took the girls for a garden walk on Friday morning. And I went and ran some errands to get ready for Meggie's party. Megan had some diarrhea that day, so the walk didn't last too long:(On Saturday morning, Jeff and I and the girls went to Benjamin Moore to get some paint to paint the front of our house. We managed to get it done on Saturday while the girls were napping! On Sunday, Jeff painted the front door and just today we had the gutters done. Some of our house projects are finally getting done!

Before...
And after...sorry this picture is a little dark. The orange fake brick is now a gray/green color and the front door is now black. The new gutters are also black. Then, on Saturday night Gabby started crying about 9pm and I went into her room and she had vomited all over her crib and blankets:( I had tried really hard to keep the girls apart while Meggie was sick, but she got it anyway. She was still happy and smiling while Jeff and I cleaned her and her room up. She has felt pretty rotten since then and is now just starting to feel better. She has been incredibly whinny which has been frustrating for me, but I do feel sorry for her because she is sick. And, that same night I started to feel sick also. I never did throw up, but I had a really upset stomach and I'm feeling much better today! Jeff also had an upset stomach, but not bad enough to miss work so that's good.

This pictures doesn't really do it justice, but I got tackled pretty good in soccer last week and this was the end result. A girl much larger than I fell on me and we slide together across the grass!
We are looking forward to a relaxing weekend, we don't have any plans yet! I'm just glad we are all feeling better now:)

1 comment:

Greg said...

The house looks great. Sorry to hear about everyone not feeling well, hopefully it all clears up soon. And the bruise looks perfect, now you know you are playing again!