Friday, June 20, 2008

Blessed...

Last weekend, Jeff had a bachelor party for our friend who got married yesterday. They rented some cabins at a nearby lake and it sounded like they had a lot of fun! Jeff took this amazing shot of the lake in the morning.Sunday we had a fun and busy father's day! We had a BBQ at church right after the service and then we went to Jeff's parents place for dinner to celebrate all the dad's and grandpa's. We had a delicious dinner!! Jeff and I were just talking the other day about how good a cook his mom is and that I will never be that good:( I think she is just a natural...and we are so thankful for that!! Jeff said maybe with some practice I could be a really good cook, but I'm not convinced.Jeff's dad and Megan were in a pie eating competition, where Meggie had to feed the pie to Papa as fast as she could. Well, they lost the competition, but they had fun!Our pretty little girls!!I feel SO blessed to have two amazing dad's and one amazing husband and daddy to our little girls! I could not ask for better! My heart is overwhelmed by the love and support of our families. And our little girls are so blessed to have Jeff as their daddy...he loves them SO much:) I just love watching the girls and him play together and they just adore him. So, thank you to my dad and my father-in-law and Jeff for who you are...we love you guys so much!

My friend and I and our kids went for a nice little walk around our neighborhood this week and we got a good workout with all the hills around. Then we let the kids run around the park and play. Here are the 2 youngest ones relaxing in the strollers:)Our friends got married yesterday at a beautiful park that over looks the lake. It was a little overcast, but still warm and a great day for a wedding!It was kind of strange to have a wedding on a Thursday. Jeff took the day off work and then he just has to work today and then gets the weekend...nice little break for him! My mom watched the girls pretty much all day yesterday while we were at the wedding. Thank you SO much mom! We so appreciate you! The girls did great for her and they always love playing with Ama.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I have not been able to get Gabby to drink much whole milk. I want to be done breastfeeding, but she doesn't get enough milk otherwise. This week, I thought I would try a bottle (I have tried tons of different sippy cups). So I warmed the milk up for a few seconds and gave her the bottle and drank half the bottle! I couldn't believe it. The only thing is I didn't want her to have a bottle and then have to wean her from the bottle. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I'm just happy she drinking milk from another source besides me! So I am nursing her when she gets up and just before bed and I hope to cut those out soon too.

It's very rare now that both girls nap, and today they actually are...so I think I might take a little nap as well! Have a great weekend:)

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

i LOVE that first picture - just gorgeous! The wedding looks like it was beautiful too!
glad that Gabby is giving you some 'freedom' now :)

Keith - Kristen said...

Great pics of the girls with their Grandpa's! So sweet!
And yah, a little different to have a Thursday wedding, but what a beautiful one it looked like! Wow!

Kirsten said...

That first picture is amazing! Love you guys lots! Hope to see you in one month!!!