Monday, August 11, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Wow, it's been a long time!! Where do I even begin...ummm. Okay, I guess the most important thing first. We are expecting our 3rd baby!!! This came as a big surprise for us, but we are excited and a little nervous about it. I was still on the borderline about having another one and Jeff felt 2 was enough for us, but God had other plans for our family and we are excited about that! I am feeling pretty good, I still have some nauseous moments but they are getting less and less now. I am 13 weeks along now, so that makes our due date Valentine's day 2009!! Megan's pretty excited that there is a baby in mommy's tummy. She loves to hug and kiss my tummy:) And Gabby doesn't have a clue what is happening...yet.
I can't believe how much I am showing already. My belly really "popped" out early this time around. I have not worn maternity clothes yet, because I am totally dreading it:( So far my regular clothes are fitting okay.

One day, Megan had a her little friend over and they dressed up in Meggie's dress up clothes. They decided they were getting "married" to each other. So cute!
A few weeks ago, Jeff and his dad built a new post in our carport. You wouldn't think that this would be big house project, but was it ever! It took them about 12 hours to get this post finished. They spent all day one Saturday working on it. And it looks great! Now we have to get the other post done.
Last weekend, my cousin Kirsten and her boyfriend Malcolm came for a visit for a few days. We had a great time with them and it was so great to meet Malcolm and get to know him a little bit. He is a great guy and of course I think Kirsten is such a great girl! They make an awesome couple. We hung out at the beach one day since the weather was SO nice and hot! My parents came over one night while they were here and we had a BBQ together. Good times:)
This past weekend, my mom and sister and I went on a little girls weekend getaway together. We had a blast!! It was my first time leaving the girls and I was a little nervous to go, but I managed to keep myself busy while we were away. Jeff did great with the girls, as I expected! He is such an awesome daddy. I am very thankful for a husband who will watch our kids, so I can have this special time away.
We left on Friday night and stayed at my sister's place that night. Then first thing Saturday morning we got up and drove to Bellingham for a day of shopping. And we did just that, we shopped from 10am-4pm and then went to the hotel and soaked in the hot tub. Well, I put my legs in:( Our feet were beginning to hurt at this time! Then we shopped again for another couple of hours and then we had a late dinner at the Olive Garden. It was so delicious! Thanks so much mom for making this happen and for spoiling us:) It was such a treat to not have to worry about getting back for nap time or meals. We just did want we wanted....
Then Sunday morning we got up and just had a lazy morning and had breakfast at the hotel. We did a little more shopping and then headed back to Carmen's place to pick up my dad and then drove home. The girls were really excited to see me when we got home. It was so cute!! Gabby just about jumped out of Jeff's arms when she saw me:)

I know I'm not remembering everything from the last month or so...but that about covers it!

6 comments:

Greg said...

Congradulations on the next addition to the family. Hopefully I'll be out again next summer for another golf trip, and will see all 5 of you then!

kelly ens said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is very exciting news! You look so cute! i'm going to guess you are one of the very cute pregnant types - looking forward to journeying through this in blog world with you.
Sounds like you've had a few good visits lately too - glad to hear you had that time away with your mom and sister. so great! :)

Nadine said...

Ok,so just now I pretty much yelled really loud in a room full of people as I read your news! I am so excited for you and I'll be praying for you guys lots! I hope I someday meet all of your kids since so far I've only met megan! Have a great day and keep all of us readers posted!!!

Kirsten said...

Oh it was so fun to visit with you guys!! Looking forward to when we can connect again soon. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

You look great Tanya. So exciting. I was thinking about you the other day wondering how your trip went. Looks like you three had a great time. I love the baby bump!!

tomandlynette said...

Happy congratulations to you, Jeff and Tanya! All the best for your pregnancy. Your girls' time away looked like great fun. Hi to Carmen if you read this...I miss you!