Saturday, August 23, 2008

Party time!!

Boy, Oh boy...I am always so behind on this thing now:( We have been enjoying the beautiful summer weather and the last few days I've enjoyed the cooler, wetter days!
Last week, my mom and the girls and I took a little trip to Vernon for the morning. We went to Davison Orchards and Bee Planet. It was a really hot day and we tried to stay cool. At Davison Orchards we walked around the animal petting zoo and went on a little tractor ride and enjoyed some yummy ice cream. The girls played on the playground for a bit and they had a blast! It was nice to do something different with the girls and I think they liked it too:)
This past weekend we found a mini van for sale that we were very interested in it. The only problem was it was 2 1/2 hours away from here. Anyways, we decided to take a drive to look at the van last Sunday and it looked great and was very well kept and we told them we wanted to buy it. So, on Wednesday, Jeff and I drove to Revelstoke to buy it and bring it home. We had a long day of driving, but it was totally worth it. We got a great deal and we are really happy with it. It's a Toyota Sienna and it's champagne color. So now we will be selling our car...any takers?? Here's the new van!!
Jeff had his baseball play-offs last weekend and we managed to get out to watch a few games. It was SO hot last Saturday. We watched the morning game and then headed to my parents place so Gabby could have a nap and my mom and I made peach pies...so yummy!! We went to one of the girls on the baseball teams house for dinner that night and she has a swimming pool and we were all loving that! It was such a relief from the heat.Last night, my awesome friend, Jas had a huge 30th birthday party for me!! It was such a great time just hanging out with friends and enjoying each other's company. I feel so blessed to have the family and friends that I have!! My brother and his wife surprised me by coming up for the party. Thank you guys for making it so special. I love you all!! My heart is overwhelmed by the people in my life...it is so full:)My dad, Jas and WarrenDerek & LorenThe boys went golfing this morning and the girls went for a walk to the park!! It was a great day for both. Then we just hung out in the afternoon and went for Greek food for dinner. Loren and Alicia had to go back home today...the visits always go by too fast!!My dare devil husband!!!I hope you made it this far...hope you enjoy all the pictures!!

8 comments:

kelly ens said...

happy belated birthday!!! glad you had a good time celebrating.
And congrats on the van...we LOVE our sienna, so i wish you much happiness in yours as well :)

Greg said...

Congrats on the van, even if you didn't but it from my Dad. And Happy Birthday in a couple hours. Welcome to the 30's!

Kirsten said...

You went with the Sienna! Good choice. So exciting to have more room (now I can enjoy my backseat rides : ) And so fun to have a birthday party. Love you so much Tan. Happy 30th Birthday!

Unknown said...

We had such a fun time with you guys! We can't wait to see you again soon!!!! :)

Keith - Kristen said...

Can you believe that you'll soon have another little face to fill in the third bee (first pic)?
Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Tanya, so funny that your upgrading to a van. We did the same about a year ago. We both swore that we would never have one but life has a way of changing that. We accually love it. So happy for your growing family:)

tomandlynette said...

Welcome to the minivan world :) Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love the van...I am glad however that you have the van and not me anymore! haha..love looking a pictures of the girls and maybe I will have to start a blog after we move. We'll see...hope you are feeling well and tell the girls that their aunty misses them and loves them!!!