Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our Anniversary and more...

Tuesday was our 8th wedding anniversary!! It feels like that was forever ago...but at the same time not that long ago. We didn't do anything exciting for our anniversary because we all have colds in our family right now and just didn't feel great:( We did end up getting pizza, so at least I didn't have to make dinner and I was happy with that. I could not have married a better guy for me!! I feel very blessed to have Jeff as my husband and a daddy to our girls. He is such an amazing guy and I love him so deeply:)

Jeff has been hard at work this past weekend. We were given a hot tub from a friend of ours and he's making a deck area around the hot tub...it's going to look great! I, of course, will not be able to use the hot tub this winter, but Jeff will get to:( When I do get to use it, I'm going to love it, since I'm always cold. Here's a work in progress...We sold our car last week! It all happened so fast...Jeff advertised the car on Saturday night and the car sold on Monday. So, we insured the van the same day. I have to say that I love driving the van. I never thought I would say that, but it's so nice to have the space and the van drives really nice! Megs and Gabby love to ride in the van because they sit a little higher than the car and they can see outside better.We have been spending lots of time outside, while Jeff works on the hot tub area. It's been cooler weather the last little bit, but I like the change. The girls are learning to play together more and more. Gabby loves to hold on to Megan's shirt and they play "chase" around the yard. It's so cute to watch and they just laugh the whole time!!Over the long weekend, Gabby broke out with a rash on her cheeks. It wasn't too bad until Saturday after she woke up from her nap. Her cheeks were very red. So I took her to the walk-in-clinic and the doctor said she had 5th disease or "slapped-cheek syndrome". Anyways, she isn't bothered by the rash at all and she had no other symptoms. But, it's contagious to other children and it's usually most contagious 3 days prior to the rash breaking out:( But, so far Megan does not have it. The only other problem is, it's harmful to pregnant women because it can harm the baby if its before 20 weeks. Most adults are immune to this disease because we were infected as children as well. I am 16 weeks prego right now and my doctor is getting my blood tested to see if I'm immune...I'm really hoping so, then I don't need to worry! I would appreciate any of your prayers:)
Here's our little monkey getting into trouble!!!

Then on Monday, our whole family picked up colds. The girls are just about over it, but I am still feeling pretty yucky:( I wasn't able to sleep for a few nights because I had such a sore throat and was having trouble breathing...and I can't take any medications!!! Anyways, I think we are over the worse and I hope we are all better by the weekend.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Happy Anniversary, and hope the recovery of the colds goes quickly. I wish someone would give me a hot tub as well, as I hope to have one some day as well. A nice soak after a game would be great.

danamichelle said...

Tanya I can't believe how big your girls are getting!! I only saw Megan as a newborn, and I've never met Gabby! Matt and I have had colds too, it must be going around. Happy Anniversary!!

Jess said...

happy anniversary! Very exciting that you guys are expecting again - congrats! love to check on your blog once in a while and see how you're doing!