Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Happy Mother's Day

We had Marty dedicated this past Sunday and it was such a special day! The mothers day service was very touching and I think I cried about 80% of the service. We had so many wonderful friends and family there to celebrate with us and pray for us. What a blessing it is to us to have these people in our lives! It was a great mothers day!! After church, all of our parents came over and we had a nice lunch together and we spent the afternoon just hanging out in the back yard. It was a warm, sunny day!!Our church had a work bee on Saturday and Jeff was there all day. He left home about 8:30 and got home about 6pm!! Needless to say, I was SO ready for him to come home. They did an awesome job putting up a new play structure in the back yard of the church and fenced it in! It is so great and I know it will get lots of use over the years!

Having a bath with Sarah last weekend...
On Friday night, we had a "date night" at church. We watched the movie Fireproof and had yummy desserts and popcorn. The movie is really good. I highly recommend it. The acting is not great, but the story is really good! It's great for anyone who wants to improve or make their marriage stronger. We left the kids at home with Jeff's parents and they even watched Marty for us! Thank you so much:) Megan loves to take pictures with our camera...she took this one!!

Marty takes a bottle when we go out and it gives us some freedom, which I am thankful for. But, it's really weird because whenever he gets a bottle and then I feed him when I get home, he never sleeps as long?!?!? I don't know why, even when I feed him later than usual. Like on Friday night, he got a bottle about 8pm and then I nursed him at 11ish and he woke up at 4:50am and he usually gets nursed at 9:30pm and sleeps until 6ish.
Me and my sweet boy!!

I have been working out a little bit this past week. I read on Kelly's blog that she has been doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I thought I would give it a go! I started doing it last Wednesday and it's been great. It's only 20 minutes a day, so I find that really do able. I usually do it when the 2 little ones are napping and Megan is having quiet time(sometimes she watches me to it). The first couple of days, I was pretty sore, but now I'm feeling pretty good. It's starting to get a little easier, so maybe next week I will work up to level 2!!
The last couple of day, I have noticed that Marty is sucking his thumb!!! We have tried and tried to give him a soother and then when I got to check on him, the soother is out and the thumb is in. This is the same thing that happened with Gabby. Right now I like it because he's such a good sleeper and he can sooth himself, but I don't think I'll be saying the same thing when he is 2!! Although, Gabby gave up her thumb sucking on her own when she was about one. Now, she just sucks on her special blanket for comfort.
The girls have been playing outside so much lately. I love having the playground in our backyard! It keeps them busy and they love to be outside! I usually send them outside together while I am getting dinner ready and it's so much easier for me. Megan and Gabby have been playing really nicely together lately and I love watching them interact. I hope and pray that they will be good friends:)

Hope you enjoy all the pictures!! Have a great week.

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

so cool that you had marty dedicated on mothers day - he is SO cute :)
way to go for starting the shred!!! :) I would only warn to beware that it could affect your milk supply. ezra was already getting topped up with bottles every feeding, so it ddn't matter too much, but i know some other people have had their milk supply drop when starting it.
but i'm glad you're doing it - i love it!

Carmen Born said...

Love the pictures! especially the family one! I laughed when you said that gabby sucks her blanket! I know someone who used to do that too! HA! Congrats on the baby dedication..sorry we couldn't be there! We say the Fireproof movie too and gotta say that I still LOVE Kirk Cameron!!!!

dana martin said...

Hey Tanya, I like that blue shirt you wore! That color looks really nice on you. I was so surprised when you mentioned you're doing a workout by Jillian Michaels, I just signed out a workout DVD of hers from the library this week! I haven't had time to try it yet, but I figured I might as well see what it's like. I like going to the gym, but I find it takes so much time to drive there and change and workout and then drive home. And I'm sure it would be 10 times as difficult for you with 3 kids!

Kirsten said...

Wow Tan! You are awesome. I too was thinking I need to start doing the 30 day shred or something. Did you buy it, or get it out of the library? I want to be able to do stuff other than running. I swam laps last night and loved it : )

And Malcolm just got Fireproof and the Love Dare from his parents for his birthday. I am excited to read the book and watch the movie as well. We are just finishing up another book first called "When Sinners Say I Do." It has been really good

Love you lots!

Eric Vogt said...

Awesome pics guys. I love seeing them each time. Which reminds me, I NEED new photos of my nephew! And of course the nieces too, well, and Jeff and Tanya. We miss you guys.