Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our weekly update

I've been slacking a bit on this whole blogging thing. I just seem to forget about it sometimes and then when I do post, I have so much to write about. Oh well!!
My brother came out this past weekend and we had a great time with him! On Friday night, Jeff, Loren and I went to our friends birthday party. Believe it or not, we didn't take any of the kids with us. It was the first time I have left Marty for any significant period of time. I fed him just before we left and then my parents gave him a bottle while we were gone and then I fed him again when we got home. He did great!! It was so nice to get out for a little bit.On Saturday morning we had another birthday party for one of Megan and Gabby's friends. It seems to be the never ending season of birthdays around here! The kids had fun playing outside and the moms and dads hung out and ate yummy food.
Marty and I had our 6 week check ups at the doctor's yesterday (It is more like 8 weeks though now!) Marty weighed 12 lbs 13 oz and was 24 inches long. He is in the 75% for his height and weight! He's still sleeping great and for the last few nights he has been feeding at 9:30pm and going until 5:30am. Then he usually goes back to sleep until 8:30am or so. I'm really happy with that! If only I could get all the kids sleeping until 8:30am...I think that is wishful thinking!!!

The cutest little man ever...
Gabby has been going "poo" on the potty a lot lately! I am pretty excited about it because that means if she gets potty trained, then I only have to change one kids diaper. She usually says "poo-poo" and we run to the potty and then when she goes, we clap for her and she gets SO excited! Whatever works:) She doesn't always tell us when she has to "pee" yet...but, I hope that comes soon. And a poopy diaper is WAY worse than a pee-pee diaper!!

Here is Megan reading Gabby a story while she is on the potty, she is such a good big sister!!
This afternoon, we have Gabby's 18 month shots. I know she is already 2 years old, but I wanted to delay these shots. I am dreading going to them and Jeff is going with me, because I don't think I can hold her during the shots...she is a strong girl!

I hear Gabby waking up from her nap, so I better get going!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

ok, Marty is SOOOOOOO cute!!!! i think he looks especially like Megan where he's sitting on the couch.

Eric Vogt said...

Wow! The little man is growing so fast! We miss you guys.

Traci said...

What he said. Oh my goodness he is growing up so quickly. I need to squeeze that little guy.