Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring is here...

Ahhh, it finally feels like Spring!!! The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days and we are spending lots of time outside. I have been waiting for Spring to arrive for a while now and i'm so excited about it.

My brother came for a visit this past weekend and it was so great to see him again! My dad, my brother and Gabby all have birthdays in April and all within one week! We had a yummy greek dinner(thanks to dad!) on Saturday night and then some birthday cake for all of them.My mom and I and the kids went for a nice walk and to the park on Saturday morning. It was a beautiful sunny day! The girls are loving being outside these days. It was still a little chilly in the morning that day, so they are in their warm coats. Marty pretty much slept the whole time in the stroller.Gabby has been going on the potty sometimes!! We haven't really been potty training yet because of just having the new baby and she didn't seem ready. But, she sees Megan going on the potty and she wants to do whatever Meggie does!! Now she even asks to go pee-pee and takes off her pants.
We had an early Easter dinner with Jeff's parents and some other relatives on Sunday night. The kids had an easter egg hunt when we got there. They had a blast!! We are having a bunch of friends over this coming Saturday night for another easter egg hunt and a BBQ. The kids are going to have so much fun. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!Marty is still doing great! I can not get over what a good baby he is. He still only wakes up once at night and it's usually about 4-5am. My last feed at night is 10pm, so I think that's pretty good! I do look forward to the day when he sleeps right throught the night though! He's getting big and now is growing out of his smallest sleepers. He will be 2 months next week. He is such a smiley little boy, he will smile for anyone, anytime...even in the middle of the night!!I tried to get some pictures last week with all 3 kids...it is a little tough to get a good picture with all of them looking at the camera. Gabby is usually the one that doesn't sit still long enough to get a decent picture, here are just a few of them...My parents left today to go to Saskatchewan for a week to visit my sister and family and Jeff's parents are leaving soon to go to Portland for the weekend. That means we have no family around this year for Easter. Jeff has a four day weekend, which I am excited about! I think he wants to get some projects done around the house. We also have church on Friday and then Sunday. I can't wait for the girls to wear their new Easter dresses on Sunday!! Maybe we will actually try and get a good family picture together. I don't think we even have one of all 5 of us yet.

I hope that you all have a blessed Easter weekend and remember the true reason for this holiday and the incredible hope we have in Jesus!

4 comments:

Greg said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some nice family pictures. And wedding plans are starting, but we've got plenty of time to think things through. Hope you guys will be able to come out.

tomandlynette said...

Happy Easter! What great pictures of your sweet kids! I love the ones with Marty and the blocks, what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures of the kids! especially the feet one...say Hi to the girls for me! love ya!

Carmen Born said...

that anonymous comment is from me! sorry...Carm