Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All about Mimi

In case you don't know, Megan has many nicknames...Mimi, Meemo, Meems, Tickles, Monkey. All of our kids have nicknames, but she has the most! Gabby calls her Mimi, even though she can say Megan!Megan made a very special decision this week! She asked Jesus to come into her heart on Saturday. We were talking about Jesus on Friday and after our conversation I asked her if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart, and she said "no thanks". I was not going to push it. Then on Saturday we were talking about it again and I asked her again if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart and she said YES!! Jeff and I were overflowing with joy, including a few happy tears!! We talked about what this means and then I prayed with her and Gabby(she insisted on doing this too!). Then we phoned all her grandparents and told them and they too were all SO excited. I know that she doesn't totally understand what this means, but some day she will. I took a video of her yesterday saying that she asked Jesus into her heart, so that she will always remember it!!


I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but Megs started ballet about a month ago and she LOVES it!! After the whole episode in the summer with her not participating in her soccer camp, I was hesitant to put her into any other programs. But, we were able to do a "try me" class and she did great! She goes once a week for a 1/2 hour class. Gabby, Marty and I sit in the waiting area while she is in the class. I think there are about 10 other little 4 year old girls in the class, and they are all so cute in their tutu's! Gabby loves to watch the girls dance through the glass door. She keeps asking if she can do ballet too! I think she has to be 3 years old before she can go in...so we will see when the time comes:)Megan has been such a big helper for me with Marty. She always makes sure the gate at the top of the stairs is shut, or makes sure he has toys to play with. I love the little conversations her and I have been having lately too. I went into the hot tub with the girls last night and it was so fun just to chat with them! I love my girls so much!!We have had a pretty low key week since we have all been recovering from a little cold we got while in Victoria:( The kids have done really well, just the usual snotty noses and a little cough. Marty has been coughing sometimes in the night and sometimes up to an hour. He is so amazing...and never cries! I did get up last night while he was coughing to give him Tylenol just so that he could get back to sleep. He only seems to cough in the night and not at all during the day...strange!

Marty likes to get into a plant that I have on the living room floor...you can see the trail of dirt behind him! But, he was too cute not to get a picture of. I have since moved the plant elsewhere!!This weekend we are going to some friends house to carve some pumpkins for halloween, we did it last year too and the kids loved it! Jeff and I are going to an adults only halloween party next Friday and it should be lots of fun. I'm not telling what we are going as...but, I'll post some pictures after the party! Then on Saturday we will probably just take the kids around our cul-de-sac for a little trick or treating! They are getting excited about wearing their costumes...they are going to SO cute!!

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

SOOOO exciting that she prayed and asked Jesus into her heart :) that's wonderful!
little girls in ballet are my favorite :)

Greg said...

I know my Airways get clogged easier when I sleep as well. Hope this clears up quick. Growing up it got pretty scarry at times for me, cause coughing at night led to me having trouble just breathing.

Lindsay said...

Yeah Meggie!!! Congratulations :)
Your kids are the cutest!! I love the pictures of them!!

Kirsten said...

This was exactly what I needed to warm my heart tonight. I love your girls (and boy) too!! Megs looks so tall in her little ballet outfit. Wish I could come watch one day too. Oh...and loved her little video. Megs has such a fun personality!

megan edelman photography said...

Tanya! Thanks for your comment :) I have had so much fun now reading your blog and meeting your family...beautiful! This post made me tear up a little...such an exciting moment for your sweet oldest! My little sister always called me "Mimi" too even though she could say Megan. Nowadays, I'm mostly "Megs"....and MOM!!!!!
Blessings :)