Friday, October 16, 2009

Victoria....with lots of pictures!

This past week we have been in Victoria for a little vacation. Well, the main purpose of going was to celebrate with Curt and Anne at their wedding! It was such a beautiful wedding and we are SO thrilled to welcome Anne into the family. She is such a sweetheart!

It all started with a long drive and a ferry ride...It was Gabby and Marty's first ferry ride. Megan had been on the ferry when she was about a year old, so I'm sure she didn't remember it. They had a blast running around on the deck and they also liked the play area inside.Megan took this picture of Jeff and I - pretty good, except I think Jeff is eating something!!
The wedding was on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful fall day. Megan and Gabby were flower girls and Jeff was a groomsman.

Here is Megs all ready to go to do her job as flower girl...she loved it!!I had to wake Gabby up from her nap to get to the wedding on time and she needed to have her hair curled. She was a little upset that I had woken her up:( I gave her a cookie and she was much happier after that. This is a good picture of what her hair is supposed to look like...it turned into a rats nest by the end of the ceremony.My beautiful little girls...
**There are tons of pictures to share...and most of these pictures were taken by Eric and Traci! They are very talented photographers:)

Here are the brothers all ready to go!Sweet Annie and Curt...
Here dress was stunning, as was she...which I think is obvious!!Megs and Grandma...I love Megs little smile in this one!Me and my pretty girls...It was quite difficult to get a family picture with everyone looking at the camera:)The reception started at 7pm, which is normally the kids bedtime. I knew that we would keep them up a little bit late that night. I thought they would last until maybe 9pm or so. The toasts and slide show happened and then the dancing began. Well, the girls perked right up when the music started and they danced away until 11:30pm!!!! I couldn't believe it. They just kept going and going. We finally took them home to get to bed. I think that is the latest they have ever stayed up!Even though the girls were up SO late, they did NOT sleep in:( They were still up at 7am, needless to say, they were a little over tired for the next couple of days. They did do pretty good and we had a good trip home on Tuesday.
We rented a house in Victoria with Jeff's family. It was so great to have the space, especially with us having 3 kids! The house had 5 bedrooms and a playroom and a nice backyard with a hot tub.
On Sunday afternoon, we headed downtown to check out Victoria. It is such a beautiful city! We walked along the ocean and down to Fisherman's wharf. It was a little chilly, but still so nice. Gabby was so brave and touched the horse with one finger...
And on Monday, we ventured out to Beacon Hill Park. The kids loved the petting zoo! Gabby was especially excited to pet the goats.Another attempt at family photos...Chasing ducks...We just can't resist taking pictures of this happy little guy....These are just a couple cute pictures of the girls, practicing being flower girls the day before the wedding!We were gone almost a week and it was a great time all around! I'm so thankful for this time we had to be together as a family and to celebrate with Curt and Anne. We are so blessed!

I hope you made it this far...I just had SO many good pictures and wanted to share them:)

4 comments:

Greg said...

I'd be a lot happier if people gave me a cookie when they woke me up too!

Lindsay said...

what beautiful little flower girls! :)

Melissa said...

Great pics! I love Victoria, too. Your family pictures are beautiful!

Kirsten said...

Incredible. Looks like such a special time. Your family is so adorable!