Friday, September 25, 2009

Growing up

Okay, seriously...when did this girl grow up!!
I have been thinking lately about how quickly these little people are growing up. This time next year Megan will be starting Kindergarten. I just can't believe that! The day she was born is still so vivid in my mind. Now she is such a big girl! The things she says and comes up with sometimes blow my mind. She is one smart cookie:)
I attempted to french braid her hair this week! It's a wee bit too short yet, but I'll keep trying...
Yesterday, my friend Colleen and I and all the kids went to the park to play and to see the Kokannee spawn! I thought the girls would really like to see all the fish.
Marty had a little nap in the stroller, but when he woke up he wanted out!! He wants to see and do everything that the girls do...he's one busy boy:)
I think they enjoyed the park more than the seeing the fish! But, there were lots of elementary school kids there to see the fish too and it was BUSY. It was hard to keep track of our kids. We still had a fun time!!On Tuesday, I packed up a picnic and we headed out for a walk to the park and lunch. The kids loved it! The 2 littles ones were in the stroller and Megan walked with me. She is such a big helper! Marty loves going in the swing now. Gabby was even giving him underducks:)
I thought this picture was so cute, they were posing so nicely for me!The weather has been SO nice lately! I can't believe it is the end of September already, but it still feels like summer. We have been spending lots of time outside...while we can!
Always a funny face with this one...Marty is enjoying biting on the coffee table these days, must feel good on his new teeth!Daddy and his boy!Meggie likes to play "baby" with Marty...here he is in the doll shopping cart!Fresh out of the bath and all smiles!It's not too often that Gabby sits still long enough to get a picture!I can't remember if I blogged about some new things I've picked up for our house lately! I bought new comforters for the girls, for their bunkbeds a few months ago. I wanted to get them matching ones and I found a great deal at Jysk...they only cost $10 each!And I bought this bookshelf at Ikea when I was down at the coast earlier this month. I love it!Okay...the littles ones are up from their naps now...I better run!

3 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Awesome photos Tan! Traci and I are so excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

Traci said...

love the pic og marty in the buggy. oh my gosh... they ARE growing up so fast. See you in two sleeps!!

Kirsten said...

Love Meg's braids. Too cute. And great find on the shelf Tan. It looks great. Wish we lived closer :)