Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Falling Behind

Okay...I am so far behind on this blog, so this is going to be a long one! Almost 2 weeks ago, Kirsten and Malcolm came for a visit! We had such a great visit with them. It is always so good to see them, but the time always goes by too fast:( We went to my parents pool one morning for a swim. It was a hot day and the pool was so nice and warm!
The weather was so nice while they were here, so we spent lots of time outside. We enjoyed breakfast out on the deck one morning!
We ventured out to the park one morning and the boys had a great time acting like little kids!!
Thanks Kirsten and Malcolm for making the trip up here to see us!! We loved having you.
Then, 2 days later I left to go to Abbotsford to visit some friends for a few days! I did a road trip all by myself with 3 little kids and it went really well!
The drive down was pretty good...I only had to stop once to turn on the DVD player for the girls. Marty had a little nap, but towards the end of the drive he was getting a little fussy in his carseat and was ready to get out. I didn't blame him!
We had a great visit with friends! Out girls had a blast playing with their girls. They especially loved the trampoline and polly pockets!
We drove out to Birchwood Dairy one afternoon to get some ice cream and let the kids feed the animals! I got the girls cotton candy flavored ice cream and it was pink and it got everywhere!! They were such a mess and when we got back home I put them right into the bathtub.
The day we got there, the weather was so nice! The kids played in the pool and on the trampoline with water...


Their girls were so good with Marty and they loved to hold and cuddle him! The one day, Leanne and I drove out to Ikea and Old Navy to do a little shopping. Call us crazy, but we shopped with 6 kids between the 2 of us! At Ikea we dropped 4 of the kids off at the play place and we just had the youngest 2 for about an hour. Then we picked the kids up and went to pay for our stuff and have some lunch. It was a little chaotic, but we managed!!
Thanks so much Rob and Leanne for having us! We all had a great time...but we did miss daddy and were happy to see him! We came home last Wednesday in time for Jeff and I to celebrate our 9th anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long, but I really can't remember life without him! I love him with all my heart and am SO thankful that God gave him to me. I am Blessed:)
Every Tuesday, I get together with 4 other moms and all our kids(there are 11 between all of us!) We have been doing this for over a year and we love it! It is great for the kids to play together and maybe even greater for us moms. We have such a great time chatting and hanging out! I am so thankful for these mom's in my life:) Here is a picture of all 5 of us...take note that one of the kids took this picture, so it's a little far away!
And this past weekend we had a bridal shower for Anne(my soon to be sis-in-law!) and Jeff had a bachelor party for his brother, Curt. Jeff's other brother, Eric and his wife also came up for the weekend. It is always so nice to be together with family!
The boys went paintballing on Saturday while we had the bridal shower and then we all met up at our place afterwards for dinner and the evening! I think we had about 30 people over for dinner...the house was packed! I was hoping to have dinner outside, but it was raining.
Jeff also bought rock band for his Playstation and it got a lot of use over the weekend. We had so much fun playing it!
The ladies of the family playing dutch blitz...we love that game!The girls wanted to have "crowns" in their hair for church on Sunday...And now we are back to routine and trying to recover from not enough sleep over the weekend. For 2 nights this weekend I went to bed around midnight and that it SO late for me...but it was worth it! I'll try to stay more updated with the blog, so my posts are not so long:)

Thanks for reading...please leave a comment. I love to know who reads my blog!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your blog! Yeah for me!!!

kelly ens said...

i always read your blog! :)

great pictures - looks like some fun summer adventures!

janina said...

I so love reading your blog! It always make me smile:0)

Traci said...

It was so great to see you guys! I always read your blog too! see you in a few weeks!

Kirsten said...

I always read your blog...and I always love getting to visit with you! Love you lots. Can't wait till you come my way : )

Anonymous said...

Почему регистрация не работает ?