Thursday, August 27, 2009

Into my "early" 30's

On Tuesday I turned 31 years old! For some reason that is starting to sound old to me...I am now in my "early" 30's!! And is was a wonderful day...
I woke up and took Gabby downstairs to turn on a movie so that I could go back to bed. I went around the corner and Jeff was sitting on the couch with Meggie. I was shocked to see him home of course on a Tuesday morning! He said happy birthday and that we needed to get going because he had a busy day planned. What a sweet husband I have:)He had arranged for our friends to watch the kids for the day. We dropped them off and then headed downtown to a small cafe for breakfast. We had such yummy breakfast bagels and found a spot on the lake to have our bagels. It was SO nice to be just him and I and hang out and talk without other distractions! We had a blast:)
Then we just walked around downtown and we took lots of pictures! It was a beautiful day outside and we live in such a beautiful place, so we took advantage of it.
Jeff had told me while we were eating breakfast that he is going to take me to the lululemon store and buy me an outfit!! I was so excited. But, if you know me you know how cheap I am and how NOT cheap lululemon clothes are. Jeff insisted that I get an outfit and that it was my birthday and he wanted to do this for me! Again such a great hubby!! So off we went...I got a hoodie and some pants and I love them.Then we walked back to the van and went back to our friends house to feed Marty. The kids did great with our friends and I am so thankful for friends like these that would do this for us! It is such a blessing to me.
After feeding Marty we drove across the lake to Mission Hill Winery and we were going to do a wine tour there. The one we wanted to do was all booked up and so we headed down the road to Quails Gate Winery. We got in on the tour there and had a little bite to eat there. It is such a beautiful place over looking the lake! Then it was time to head back to our friends place to pick up the kids.
We picked up some pizza for dinner and then worked around the house for a bit. I had a busy day planned before Jeff surprised me. I had lots of chores to do that day. But, I ended up having a much more fun day!! I came home to tons of phone messages and emails. I am so thankful to have so many wonderful friends and family and I feel so loved.I am beyond blessed to have Jeff as my husband, for he makes me feel so special and loved and beautiful!! He is an amazing husband and daddy and I am forever thankful that God gave him to me.So needless to say, I had such a great 31st birthday!!

In other news, Marty started to crawl last week!!! He is only 6 months old and I can hardly believe it. He is growing up way too fast. I looked in the girls baby books and they both started crawling at 9 months old...so, he is definitely early for us. He get around pretty fast now too and we have shut the gate on the stairs now.


He continues to be the happiest baby I have ever met!! Always giving us smiles and just easy going with everything. I am so in love with him:)Marty and I hanging out...Jeff filled up the hot tub again and we are just keeping it warm right now about 90 degrees...so it feels like a warm pool and the kids love it!!And today, we are so excited because Kirsten and Malcolm are coming for a visit!! We are so looking forward to having a few days with them. I just wish they lived closer so we could see them more often.

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

what a FANTASTIC day!!!! :)

tomandlynette said...

Happy Birthday, Tanya. What a special day of celebration! You are so beautiful, and your beauty is even greater because of your love for and from your family. Have a super time with Kirsten and Malcolm- I'm jealous!

Eric Vogt said...

Happy birthday again Tan! Awesome job on the birthday surprise Jeff! I was so excited to see the video of Marty crawling already. I expect him to be cruising next weekend when we come up!

Greg said...

Happy Birthday, and by the way, I'm very jealous at how much more often you get to visits from Kirsten than I do.

twiens said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tanya! Sounds like you had a really good bday. You looked very happy to have that lululemon bag in your hand!

PS you dont look a day over 29 :)