Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Guests and a night away!

Last week we spent a couple fun days with Auntie Kirsten and Uncle Malcolm. We always love having them come for a visit. The girls were a little shy at first, but totally warmed up to them in a few hours. Marty seemed to have a special connection with Malcolm and is was SO cute!! He would crawl up to Malcolm and just want him to hold him. They came on Monday and we just hung around the house in the afternoon. Then when Jeff came home from work, him and Malcolm went for a run. In the evening, my parents came over and brought us dessert and we all had a visit together.

Tuesday morning, Kirsten and I and the girls went to Walmart. Every time Kirsten comes out here, we always seem to end up at Walmart at some point during her visit! Malcolm stayed home and babysat Marty(well, he was napping for most of the time!). Malcolm and Kirsten went to see some other friends in the afternoon. And then they all came back over to our place for dinner. Megs and Gabby has the neighbour girls over to our house to play and they were so excited when the babies arrived....Daryl and Bec have twins!
Later that evening we played a game called "Ticket to ride". It was so much fun! It's rare that Jeff and I have a game we both enjoy playing. But, Kirsten is some hard competition to beat!!!
Wednesday was a beautiful day, so we decided to have a picnic at the park! After Marty woke up from his nap, we headed out. The girls always love to have a picnic outside. They had fun playing and we enjoyed the sunshine:) After dinner Malcom and Kirsten had to go home:( Thank you guys so much for coming and we always love having you!
I think Kirsten and I look more like sisters than cousins in this picture...we both had curly hair that day!!We have had a busy week with our company, out for dinner to friends, birthday parties and playdates!! It seems like lately that the weeks are just flying by.

Jeff parents came home from Hawaii last Thursday and they bought the girls the cutest little hola outfits... They came over for dinner on Sunday(well, actually mom brought us dinner!). Thank you so much!! Oh, and I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but my wonderful mother in law takes Megan and Gabby every Tuesday for the entire day!! I am so blessed to have her in my life. Thank you so much mom...we love you.

On Friday, Jeff and I went away for the night! My parents had given us a gift certificate to a very nice hotel and also breakfast in the morning. My mom and dad came over around dinner to look after our kids and we left. We went shopping for a bit and then had a late dinner and then went to the hotel. We had a delicious breakfast and sat overlooking the lake. It was so nice just to be the 2 of us and to be able to enjoy an uniterrupted meal! After breakfast, we ran a few errands and came home around lunch time. The kids did great for my parents. Gabby woke up once in the night because her blanket had fallen off, but that's it. Thank you SO much mom and dad for the incredible gift to us. It means so much to us!! Love you. We had a little photoshoot on Sunday morning. Jeff styled Marty's hair with some gel and he looked so cute! I'm off to run some errands now with my sweet little boy. I hope you all have a great week!!

9 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Great photos Tan! The girls sure looked hilarious in their hula outfits. Great stuff.

Lindsay said...

Oh. my. goodness. Hula outfits = sooo cute!!! You and Kirsten look alike even when your hair is straight :)

kelly ens said...

nice that they could visit you! and yes, you and kirsten totally look more like sisters than cousins :) beautiful!
LOVE the girls in their hawaiian outfits.
so nice that you and jeff got away for a night - those are so important!

Kirsten said...

Great pics Tan!! Can you send me your pics as well. Your little get-away sounded perfect. Also love the hula outfits. Thanks for being an amazing hostess. We always love coming up to visit you.

Greg said...

Looks like a great visit. Wish I lived closer to everyone sometimes, so I could see people in person more often. Thank goodness for blogs, cause I really feel more involved then.

dana michelle said...

I love your jacket Tanya! Where did you get it from? :)

tan said...

Hey Dana! I got my jacket at a second hand store:) I'm assuming you are talking about the one in the picture with Jeff and I!

Traci said...

Tan, looks like you had a really fun week! I'm so glad that you got to get away with Jeff. Every time I see pictures of the girls I can't believe how much they are growing up. They're like little ladies! I LOVED the hula outfits! We can't wait for you all to come visit us! Love you!

dana michelle said...

hey tanya! yeah that was the one! it's refreshing to know someone who likes a good deal as well :)