Tuesday, March 16, 2010

He's growing up

Now that Marty is one year old...I decided it was time to start weaning him. I was a little sad to do it because he is my baby, but I was ready. We did it gradually where I gave him a bottle at one of his feeds. Friday morning was my last nursing session with him. He now has 3 sippy cups of milk everyday and he seems to like that just fine!
Sweet little angel...
Marty is saying a few more words these days. Mostly mama, dada, hi, nigh-nigh. But, on Sunday morning we were having breakfast around the table and he was just standing by the table and Jeff looked over the edge and said "hi marms" and he looked at Jeff and said "hi dad"...it was the cutest thing. Then he said it again in church!! I really love this age:)

The weather has been so nice lately! We have been spending lots of time in the backyard and on the deck. The kids love to have lunch out on the deck at their little picnic table. Yesterday, we had some friends over for a playdate and we played in the backyard and we didn't even need jackets. The sun was shining and it was beautiful!! I love Spring!!My three little monkies... Last Wednesday, I got Meggie all dressed in her ballet clothes and we headed off to her class. I got to the studio and the door was locked. I didn't really think about it, but I guess they don't have classes over the Spring Break. Since I don't have kids in school yet, I kind of don't think about it. Anyways, it was nice day to take some pictures of her in her tutu...Meggie is also in swimming lessons right now and she is doing awesome. She gets more brave every week. She can put her face in water for a few seconds now. Sometimes, we go in the hot tub at home and she loves to practice!

Gabby loves to color...including herself! I think it looks like an upside down mustache.We went to some family friends house for dinner on Saturday night. The meal was delicious and we had a nice visit with old friends. My friend has a little boy that is Megan's age and she gives me all her boy hand-me-down clothes! Can I just say that I LOVE hand-me-downs. It felt like Christmas looking through all the boxes of clothes. She gave me 5 boxes of clothes!! What an absolute blessing:)

Megan loves to take pictures with our camera. Here's one she took of Gabby.
My dear cousin and friend, Kirsten and her hubby Malcolm are here visiting right now(well, they are at some other friends house right now!). But, they are here for just a few days and we are loving having them visit. I will write my next post about their little visit with us!

Oh....and on my last post I got NO comments!!! I love to get comments, so please leave one. Thanks!!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your kids are adorable! I think Meggie looks a lot like her Auntie Kirsten, do you? Have a great time visiting!

Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci said...

I love the picture of the little man standing! So cute. Also, Meggie in her tutu just melts me every time! I love it. And of course, the photo of Gabs with the marker on her face is equally adorable and hysterical. Thanks for keeping us up to date on the kids' growing and changing... it makes being so far away a little easier.

kelly ens said...

SWEET picture of Marty sleeping.
i hope Gabby's markers were washable? :)
i LOVE Meggie's tutu - it's beautiful!

tomandlynette said...

Hi Tanya! It's always a joy to read about your family and see all your fun pictures. Enjoy your time with Kirsten and Malcolm- I'm a bit jealous! Lynette

Eric Vogt said...

How's this for a little web love Tan? Like Kelly, I love the shot of Marty sleeping. So cute and peaceful. And Gabby... such a middle child!

Unknown said...

You are such a lover of the comments :-) I love your blog and check it everytime I am near a computer! I second what Traci said. It makes being away from you all just a little bit easier... Love you and will hopefully see you all soon! PS. Jeff's my favorite...

Anneliese said...

Beautiful family. Perfect set-up ... two girls and a boy! =)