Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping in Osoyoos

We have been away for the last 5 days...camping in Osoyoos!! We had a blast and it was HOT HOT HOT the whole time.

Our campsite...
We camped at a beautiful campground right on Osoyoos lake. We went with 2 other families and there were 6 adults and 7 kids between us. The weather was so nice, and I hate to say it, but maybe even a little too hot. We were very thankful for the lake, so we could cool down a bit. We pulled Isaac and Jen's boat and we spent lots of time on the lake.
We arrived at the campsite in the early afternoon on Wednesday and set up camp. We had a really nice site with lots of shade and close to the lake and the bathrooms! Marty didn't nap in the truck on the drive and by the time we set up camp it was probably 3pm...so he didn't have a nap that day. But, he was still happy and went to bed really quickly!

The boys loving the sand...
After we set up camp, we all headed down to the lake to cool down! I was so proud of the girls for how brave they were in the water. I think it helped that the lake was so warm.
Out for a boat ride...
Jeff and Megan slept in our little tent and I slept in the camper with Gabby and Marty. I think it worked out quite well. Although, Jeff and I are not used to sleeping with the kids and they move around a LOT at night!
Gabby was excited to sleep in the bunk bed with me...
I hadn't waterskied in many years, so I wanted to try again. The first time I tried I got up on the 4th time and the second time I skiied, I got up the first time. I was pretty happy about that!

Hanging out in the dingy...he was NOT a fan of the water!! He doesn't like to be cold:(
We found a really cool sandbar in the lake and parked the boat and just hung out in the water. The kids loved being with their friends.
Our wonderful men...
Each family did a breakfast and dinner during the days we were there. It made it much easier for planning and bringing groceries. We had some delicious food...steak, chicken, salmon, potato salad, pasta salad, tacos, cheesecakes, etc.

Camping is not complete without s'mores...
We would feed the kids dinner and then put them to bed and then just the adults would have dinner together. It was wonderful to have uninterrupted conversations!! We are so blessed to have such amazing friends. The couple that makes dinner comes up with a few discussion questions every night...it is so fun and we learn more and more about each other.
The boys went boating/water skiing every morning and every evening while the water was calmer! Jeff went for a couple of runs while we were there...even in the smokin' hot weather.
We were having fun taking some family photos in the water...
We had such a great time with incredible friends and memories!! Can't wait to do it again next year...

5 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

So glad to see you guys having a great summer Tan! I couldn't help but notice that Marty has a similar bird watching hat to the one I have, and that Jeff finally got the family haircut! As always, I love seeing the photos!

kelly ens said...

i have to say that I'm glad we weren't there for that heat - it would be too much for me! We're headed to Oroville on Friday, so seeing your pictures is getting me SOOOOO excited! Which campground were you at? It looks great!
GREAT pictures - so great that the girls were brave in the water...i'm hoping the warmth will make Taeya brave too :)

Gerda said...

Thanks for the blog Tanya. We just love seeing your family have such fun times with your friends. It brings back fond memories of camping experiences we had as a young family.
I love to see how you all pool together to make this trip happen. We are so blessed to see the terrific parents you and Jeff are.

Traci said...

Looks like you had such a great time! Jeff looks like a different person with that haircut! And I'll bet you had a rough time washing the marshmallow out of Meggie's hair!

Greg said...

Tent trailers in the Okanagon, just like how we all grew up!