Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Taking it easy

Jeff's brother and his wife are here on vacation for a week and we are loving having them!! They are staying with Jeff's parents, but we get to see them lots.

I love the little freckles on her nose...
Yesterday, mom and Eric and Traci took the girls to the Energyplex for the morning. The girls go there quite a bit with mom and they are getting really comfortable there now. They all had a blast!! And I know the girls had a great time and were exhausted, because they were sleeping so quickly at bedtime last night.
Last week at soccer I pulled my left quad muscle! It was so painful. I was kicking the ball with my right foot and I felt something pull in my left leg. I dropped to the ground and couldn't get up. It was in the first 5 minutes of the game and I was so bummed not being able to play:( It's been a week now since I pulled it and just yesterday it started to feel better. I'm really hoping it heals quickly, so I can get back to playing. But, I don't want to play/run to early and do more damage to it. I'm just trying to take it easy.

Eating some stuffed french toast for dinner...he loves to rub his dinner on his face and in his hair!
The day after I pulled it, I pretty much just sat on the couch and iced my leg all day. The kids were great and Meggie was so helpful. She would get ice for me and help me put my leg up on the pillows. It was really sweet!!

Megan got a very special planter with some goldfish from her Auntie Jas for her birthday. Here we are putting the fish into the planter...sadly 3 of 5 fish did not survive:(That evening, Jeff was planning on going to his parents house to help them pull out some bushes. I asked him if he could change it to another night because my leg was so sore. He said he would just go and be back as soon as he could. About 2 hours later, he came home and said come look outside for a minute...so I did. I came out the front door and a bunch of his friends were there and there was a piano in the back of our truck!! I was SO surprised. I have wanted a piano for a while, but we didn't really want to spend the money right now and the kids are a bit young to start playing. But, he got it for free!!! Friends of his family were wanting to get rid of it and they thought of us. Jeff was sneaky and didn't tell me...he's such a sweetheart!Check out the name of the piano...I think it was meant to be!
And we are loving the piano!! It has been so many years since I have played, so I went online and tried to relearn a little bit. I'm pretty much starting from the beginning again. I'm really enjoying it and so are the kids. Megan and Gabby are pretty gentle with it and love to play it. The piano is over 100 years old and still sounds great!!! I think I will still wait a few years before I put Megan in lessons, if she wants to.
Friday night there was a family fun night at the school near our house. It's the school Megan will be going to in September. The girls really wanted to go, so we had a early dinner and then headed over to the school. There were bouncy houses and carnival games. Megs and Gabby were a little hesitant at the beginning, but it didn't take long for them to enjoy it!
Me and my girls...Gabby wanted to sit in the police car and turn on the sirens...
On Saturday afternoon/evening we went to the park with my parents to have a picnic! It was a beautiful day and the kids always love playing at the park. Marty loves to climb on anything he can and he has no fear...we really have to watch him!
Meggie got these roses from a little friend of hers, for her birthday...
Jeff's dad, his brother and him really enjoy photography, so they went out the other night and took some photos. Here are a few of the pictures Jeff took...
Overlooking the city...
I better get going...we are off to some friends house for dinner! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

We had so much fun with Megs and Gabbs a the EnergyPlex. It was so neat seeing them have so much fun! I love the rest of the photos of the kids. It's good to see you two getting good use of the new camera!

kelly ens said...

great pictures. love the jumping ones!
ezra went through that phase of loving to smear dinner through his hair... :)

Kirsten said...

I LOVE the first pic of Megs. I love her little bangs. What a beauty she is. So fun to have Eric and Traci visiting. Have fun.

Gerda Vogt said...

I enjoy my grandma days with the girls so very much. To see the girls self confidence and fun levels develop at the energy plex has been alot of fun. It's tough keeping up with them but my anti-inflammatories help. Of course having Eric and Traci there this week was fantastic!

Nadine said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Tan! I love yours as well. I am always excited when you update because you always fill it with so many pictures. I wish I took pictures! Maybe when I have a fam of my own I shall! Haha.