Friday, June 4, 2010

FIVE

This morning I woke up vividly remembering the birth of our first daughter! I also went to bed last night remembering that at 10pm, my water broke. I can not believe that 5 years has passed since God blessed us with our beautiful Meggie!! Happy Birthday sweet girl:)
I don't think there are words to express the love you have for your child. We just didn't know what we were missing until we had her. And my heart just continues to grow with love for her.
She is such a bright, beautiful, caring girl!
We had a fun little day today! I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she said a bagel with peanut butter and honey...easy for me!! Gabby and Marty gave her some gifts...a read-along princess book set and a magnetic dress up doll kit. She absolutely loved them!! Then we got dressed and went to play group at our church for the morning. The kids had a blast running around the gym and playing with all the toys. Then we headed home for lunch and I put Gabby and Marty down for their naps.
Then Megs and I went outside while the sun was shinning and we pulled weeds and swept the carport and decks. She loves to help me with outside chores:)
When Jeff got home we gave her the present from us...a big girl bike!! No training wheels on this one. She doesn't know how to ride a bike without training wheels, so she will be learning soon. My parents got her a helmut, which she will be getting tomorrow. Then she will be set and ready to go!
We had asked her yesterday what she wanted for her birthday dinner and she said she wanted to go to McDonalds!! Isn't that what every kid says?!?!? So...that's what we did. We had dinner there and then let the kids run around the play structure for a little while. I actually hate those play structures because there are so many germs in that place, but the kids love it, so we let them every once in a while.
Tomorrow is the big birthday party and she is so excited about it!! I will have to do a post on her party in a few days.
In other news...I joined a soccer team for the rest of the summer! The last time I played was 2 summers ago and let's just say my body could tell it had been that long. My first game was on Tuesday night and my quads were hurting so much after the game. But, I woke up in the morning and I felt pretty good...but the next day was b-r-u-t-a-l!! I was so sore, it hurt to walk up and down the stairs. Today I'm feeling pretty, so I'm hoping that each week gets better!! It felt so good to be back out there playing...I love playing soccer and it seems to be a great group of girls I'm playing with!
We had a great weekend with Curt and Annie. On Saturday night, Jeff's mom had a surprise 30th birthday party for Annie. It was really fun and she was totally not expecting it! We put the kids to bed there and then we all spent the night there, so we wouldn't have to transfer the kids to take them home. The kids went to bed okay, but Meggie woke up 4 or more times during the night...and I was SO tired the next day!!
On Sunday night, Curt and Annie and mom and dad came over for dinner(thanks for bringing the steaks mom!) and then we played a highly entertaining game of charades!! So fun!! But, we definitely missed having Eric and Traci there:(

Well, I'm going to go watch hockey with my hubby now...yes, you read that right! We are totally into the Playoffs!! Jeff has some money riding on the Flyers and now I'm into it too:)

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

awww - happy birthday megan!
cute pictures...sounds like she had a great day choosing what she wanted to do :) can't wait to read about the party!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday Megs! You are such a sweet girl! I loved this post! We sure miss you all. I'm so happy that you played charades but so sad that we weren't there!

Greg said...

That's great about getting back into soccer. I recently scored a goal the year. Pretty good for a stay at home defence type player. I love windy days and short goalies.
You can wish Happy birthday to Megan from us.