Monday, June 7, 2010

The Party...

The party was SO much fun!!! The kids and the adults had a blast. I had been praying all week that we would have some good weather for the party, because I can't fit 30+ people in our house. The weather was beautiful all day, and then just before the party was to start...it wasn't looking so good:(
We were inside the house for a little bit, but the weather turned around and it was beautiful outside again!! The kids loved playing in the backyard and just being with their friends.
The kids made some "candy" necklaces, made with licorce, fruit loops and lifesavers! We instructed the kids that they could make and wear their necklaces, but they couldn't eat them until after dinner. I think most of the kids obeyed....except our little Gabba!! She hid underneath the slide and was eating away. Such a funny girl!
We had pizza and fruit and veggies for dinner. It was great because we fed the kids first and then the adults ate. I wanted to do something for dinner that was not too much work for Jeff or I. Usually we do a BBQ, but then Jeff ends up at the BBQ the whole night. With pizza, everyone could eat outside and we didn't need utensils!!

Someone really enjoyed his pizza...
Meggie really wanted a Cinderella cake for her birthday party! So...I attempted it. I had made the cake a few days earlier and froze it, so it was be easier to ice. So the morning of the party, I took it out and began frosting and decorating it. Part way through icing it, half of it feel down:( I was getting frustrated, but tried to piece it back together. It turned out ok...not quite what I had envisioned.
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday sweet Meggie, Happy Birthday to you!
Gotta love blue icing...
I think she liked the icing...I don't even know if she tried the cupcake!
Typical Gabba...you ask her to smile for the camera and she frowns!! Love her.
Meggie was SO happy with it though and that's all that matters! Megs had gone to the dump with Jeff while I was decorating the cake, so when she came home and saw the cake she said "Oh mommy, I love you so much"...totally melted my heart:)Megs was so excited to have her friends come for her party and was just such a happy girl that day! She got tons of fun presents and some really cute clothes(which I love!).
After dinner and cake, a few of the adults had a super fun game of soccer. We played in and amongst the kids. I was the only girl that played, but I had fun with the boys! I was so thankful for our big backyard, to be able to do things like that:)
Earlier in the day, Gabby went on a date with Auntie Jassie to get Megs her birthday present. Such a cool gift...I little planter with water plants and 5 goldfish. And we don't need to feed the fish, they feed off the water plants! Gabby helped pick out the goldfish, she was thrilled:)

This was just before people started to arrive for the party...Marty had just woken up and I love the little smile on his face... Also, around lunch time, my brother surprised us with a little visit!! We were so excited to have him celebrate with Megs at her party. We hung out with him all day on Saturday and he stayed after the party and helped us clean up and then we talked and played Rock Band too!!All in all, it was a great birthday party!! We are so blessed to have amazing family and friends that love our family so much:) I'm so thankful that our kids are being raised in a "community of family and friends" knowing that they are loved and cared for. My heart is full!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Had so much fun with you guys! Can't wait to go back! Love you all!

kelly ens said...

looks like a great party! Glad the weather turned nice again so you could all be outside :)

Eric Vogt said...

Great pictures Tanya! Loren, you're a lucky uncle to have got up to celebrate MY first niece's birthday! Tan, I loved seeing that blue icing all of the girl's mouths, especially since I didn't have to clean them up.