Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brothers, Birthdays & Bikes

My brother came up for the weekend and we had a great time with him!! The kids love to play and horse around with uncle!!
We had some friends and my brother over for dinner on Friday night and then we just spent the evening visiting away...
Friday night, I started to get a sore throat and had a horrible sleep. Megan had a runny nose last week and now Jeff, Gabby and I have the cold. It's not too bad, but it's never fun being sick.
Saturday morning, Jeff, the kids and I ran some errands and then Jeff bought himself a brand new mountain bike!! He is so excited about it. He has been looking for one and doing lots of research for a while now and finally he decided on one. It was on sale, but still expensive in my books! He hasn't had a chance to go for a ride yet, because the weather has been awful...SO wet and rainy:(
A close up...
Sunday morning we went to church and then we had to leave a little early to get to a birthday party at noon! It was at the Energyplex and the kids loved the gymnastics play time there. I had never been there before, but Jeff's mom takes the girls there probably once a month or so, so the girls knew exactly what to do! Then the kids had pizza and birthday cake and then played some more. The only downfall was that the place was PACKED, it was raining outside on a Sunday afternoon and I guess everyone had the same idea!
Megan is doing really well at school. She is in her second week of full days now. We miss her a lot in the days and we are all very excited to see each other at 2:30pm!! Every morning when we take Megs to school, Gabby asks to get too and she's a little sad when I tell her she can go to school when she is 5. I'm going to start taking Gabby to a parent/child preschool. I'm thinking about going once a week. It's a drop in preschool and it's open every day from 8:45 - 11:30am...and it's free!! I used to go when Megan was little, but we haven't been in a few years. I think Gabby will love it:)
Megan told me today when she got home from school, that she cried a little bit at school. I asked her why and she said because she missed us. She said the teacher sat and talked with her and then she felt better! I really think this full day kindergarten is a little much for a 5 year old. There have been several kids in Megan's class that have had real difficulty being away from their parents all day.
Gabby refused to smile for the picture...
I can not believe the weather we have been having this month. I was talking to my neighbour today and we said that it has rained every day since the kids started school. It felt like we had such a short summer this year:( There was quite a big storm her the other day and there was a beautiful rainbow, actually 2...
But, in this cooler weather, we have been enjoying the hot tub a lot!! The kids love being in there. The girls start swimming lessons next week and I think they are going to do great! They are in a class together and I hope that helps them to be brave in the water!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cxvcvv

Anonymous said...

now they are wet they need drying off, it's ok mom I will take them to the washroom and dry them, we will be awhile though because once I get them naked my fingers and tounge are going to be busy with those little pussy's for quite some time, I love toddler pussy