Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Family days!!

We had a family day together on Saturday!! We ran a few errands and then went to the park and played and also went for a little walk on the trails. The kokanee salmon are spawning right now and the kids loved to watch the fish in the creek. Then we came home for lunch and Jeff went mountain biking with his friend and I watched their little girl. I can hardly say "watched", because she sleep for 3 hours!!
That evening our friends came over for dinner and we had a great time!!
The kids just love being outside and the weather this week has been beautiful!! We are lovin' it. I can't believe that it will be October this week.

Sunday morning we went to church and then to over to our friends place for dinner and then to a meeting at church!! I actually have gone out twice this week in the evening...Jeff is always so great about staying home with the kids. But, he gets to go out biking and running, so we balance each other out!

Watching the fish in the creek...

Yesterday, I went on a field trip with Megan's kindergarten class. We went (again) to the Park to see the kokanee salmon spawning. Megan and many of the other kids had never been on a school bus, so it was really cute to watch them...they were so excited!!

This is how Marty likes to go on the teeter-totter...

Megan was so happy that I came along on the field trip. I think I mentioned it before, but she is having a bit of a hard time with school these days. She has been crying almost every day because she misses us. It just breaks my heart to see her sad, but I know I have to keep pushing her. Her teacher said that she is a little sad when she first comes to school, but a few minutes later she seems happy. She has made some new friends and I think that helps. I sat with her teacher on the bus on the field trip yesterday and we had a great chat. She is such a great lady!! She said that quite a few of the kids are having difficulty with the transition, especially with the full day kindergarten. I'm really not a fan of the full day kindergarten:(

Yesterday, Megan and Gabby started swimming lessons. I have them in a different program this time. It's called WETS swimming. It's supposed to really help them learn to swim, as apposed to just playing games and singing songs. There are only 4 kids in the class, the other 2 kids are a brother/sister. Megan and Gabby were both a little hesitant at the beginning. Gabby was SO stubborn...the teacher would ask her to do something and she would just sit on the step and say "no"!! But, by the end of the hour, both girls were in the water and having fun. Megan and Gabby were both blowing bubbles and almost putting their faces in the water. So, we'll see how next week goes. They are both still talking about it and saying how fun it was!!

A new women's bible study started this morning at our church! It's a Beth Moore study on Esther. We watched the first video today and it was awesome. She is very full of life and entertaining. I think it's going to be a great study. And it's been overwhelming with the growth of our church and there are about 50 women attending this bible study!! It's so exciting to see what God is doing....

Oh...and I want to wish my brother-in-law Curtis, a very happy birthday today!!!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

Awww - sorry megan is having a hard time with full-day kindy. i'm not excited about it next year for Taeya either :( i hope things improve for her soon!

Kirsten said...

Seriously...I love Megs with bangs! Still every time I see pictures I just think how cute she is.