Monday, January 10, 2011

A little of this and that!

Marty had his 12 month shots last week...that's right he is almost 2 years old!! I'm way behind on the shots. I partly delayed them because of the autism rumors and partly because I forgot. Anyways, he ended up having 5 shots today:( So sad!! He had 2 shots in each arm and one in the leg. He was a real trooper. He cried really hard when the needles were going in, but when it was all over he was happy as a clam. He even said "tank you" to the nurse when it was all done! He weighed in at 26 lbs and 34 inches long. The nurse said he was 25-50% for weight and 75-90% for height. Sounds about right...long and lean, like his daddy!
I kept Megan home from school on Friday because she had a fever. It seems the sickness never goes away around here:( She had the fever for 2 days and then it was gone. She didn't have any other symptoms and she wanted to eat a lot...very strange! Anyways, she is back to normal now and was happy to go back to school today.
The kids all got Zu-Zu pets for Christmas...here the girls are "building" a house for the pets!
Megan is doing great with her new teacher. Her old teacher went on a teaching exchange to Australia and Megan has a new teacher from Australia. She has quite an accent, so I asked Megan if she can understand her well and she said yes!! Her new teacher seems really nice and great with the kids. They have a home reading program in kindergarten and they bring home a different book every night to read. Megan is now able to read simple books and gets better and better every day. She sounds out the letters and then makes out the words!! I'm one proud mommy:)
We are struggling a little these days with discipline with Gabby. She is one strong willed child!! She doesn't like to listen to us. She has been in time-out quite a bit lately. I said to Jeff we need to read some books on how to deal with her. At the same time...she is SO loveable!! She has a great sense of humor and is very affection. She loves to have fun and horse around, especially with daddy! Jeff and I were talking about how amazing it is that all our kids have the same parents and are raised the same, but their personalities are so different and you really have to raise each of the individually. Not always an easy thing! But, I wouldn't trade any of them for the world:)
I managed to got out for 2 girls nights last week!! One night with a couple of girls I used to work with and another night with some other girl friends. It was so nice to get out and have some uninterrupted adult conversations. I am so thankful for all of my friends...I think they are all pretty great!!

Gabby giving Marty a hug...Jeff's mom went on vacation this week for 2 weeks!! She is on a cruise with a friend of hers. I'm slightly jealous that she gets to go somewhere warm this time of year. But, we are looking forward to our family trip to Palm Springs in March...we're going to have so much fun!!

Marty is obessed with his blankie. I found him like this lying on the kitchen floor holding his blankie and sucking his thumb!
Jeff has been going to the indoor track in town to go running lately. It's to cold to run outside right now, so this is a good alternative. The only downfall is the track is across town. He wants to run the same 10km race he did last Spring. He came in 3rd last year and he wants to come in 1st this year!! He would like to do it in less than 40 minutes. I think last year he was around 41 minutes. The race happens the day after we come home from Palm Springs, so I guess he can run lots there. And it should be warmer there!

That's it for today. I've been really bad about taking pictures lately, I'll try to be better this week!!

1 comment:

Eric Vogt said...

I love keeping up with you guys and especially seeing the photos Tan! I laughed out when when I read of Marty thanking the nurse! Thanks so much for posting.