Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life...

Ohhhh....I know it's been awhile since I've blogged:( I've been really bad at taking pictures. And sometimes there's just nothing exciting going on in our lives that I feel like maybe people don't want to read about our "boring" day to day life!

I get into "decorating mode" with our house sometimes...these last few weeks I've been in that kind of a mode! I really love metal stars and I already had a few in our house, but I found a new store that I love, so I bought a few more. I also bought some new frames for our kitchen eating area and I want to fill them with black and white photos of the kids(I just need to get some good pics of the kids first!)

We also recently bought a new sectional couch for our downstairs TV room. We bought is used through the internet and it was listed at $350, but we offered them $300 and they took it! And even better is...we sold our old sectional for $250!! So the newer sectional only cost us $50. I was so excited!! For those of you that know me, know that I LOVE a good deal:)
The new sectional is smaller and fits our TV room so much better, and it's more comfortable and looks more modern.


The school Megan goes to had a fire in it yesterday. I didn't hear about it until after she got home from school. I guess one of the kids in the other kindergarten classroom plugged in a hot plate and then some plastic toys feel on the the hot hot plate. The whole school was evacuated and the kids were out in the cold for about 1/2 an hour. The were only able to grab their coats before leaving the school. Megan was pretty excited because she said they saw fire trucks, ambulances and police men!! No one was injured and there was not a lot of damage to the school.

We joined Twongo last week. I'm always very unsure about websites like this, but my friend told me she used it and it was legit, so we gave it a go. They had a deal for gymnastics for 53% off the regular price. I bought one for each of the girls. The regular cost was $152 for 9 weeks of classes and we got it for $68...again, I love a good deal:)

The girls start swimming lessons again next week. I got an email from the instructor and she wasn't sure the class was going to run because it wasn't full, but she now said it's a go! I'm happy about that because I really wanted the girls to be in swimming lessons from now until we go to Palm Springs, so they will be comfortable in the water!

In a few short weeks, it's going to be Marty's 2nd birthday!! I still can not believe that he will be 2 years old. I am LOVING this age so much. It's so fun watching him learn so much and talk so much. He melts my heart:)

Gabby is slowing decreasing her naps now:( Actually, I'm totally okay with it. She goes to bed so nice on the days she doesn't nap, but she still needs a nap in the day every 3rd day or so! She is at an age right now where she wants to be doing school work too...just like Meggie. I bought her a preschool work book and she loves to learn. She can spell her name and do the alphabet and count to twelve!!

I've started attending another women's bible study at church. It just started up again for a 6 week session. It's another Beth Moore study and I love her! She's so real, and funny and has a real heart for women. I would highly recommend doing a study by her if you ever get the chance.

Jeff's mom came back from her cruise last week and we saw her beautiful pictures. It look like such a nice vacation!! And now my parents have left for their cruise. So now I'm starting to look forward to our vacation in about a month and a half!!

Sorry, this post is so random and I'm hoping there are still a few of you out there that read this:)

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Way to go on the sectional! Looks great and what a deal : ) You know how I feel about a good deal as well! Love all the pics of your daily life.

Traci said...

Love the new couch! What a steal! And the gymnastics too! Check out groupon too. I use that one. I love the day to day! Thanks for blogging! I'm really looking forward to Palm Springs too! Love you.