Sunday, April 17, 2011

Look who's 4...


So today my sweet Gabrielle turned 4!! Seriously, where does the time go. I looked at the clock this morning at 7:37am and remember having her at about 7:50am. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Gabby is such a blessing to our family! She has so much personality and character. I love watching her be herself. She has such a great sense of humor and makes us laugh a lot:) We love you so much Gabby, you bring us so much joy!!!


We had a little kids birthday party for her on Friday morning. A bunch of her friends and their mommies came over and we snacks and visited and the kids played in the backyard. I could not believe when I opened the curtains that morning, that we had snow on the ground:( I was NOT impressed. I turned out to be a pretty warm morning and the snow melted quickly and the kids were happy to be outside.

The garden party...


Gabby wanted a flower cake(I was glad, because it was easy!). She was so excited to see it and of course, eat it! She got lots of new toys which she is loving. We are truly blessed to have so many amazing friends and family that love our Gabby!






Megan decided the morning of the party that she wanted to stay home from school and help with the party!!



Saturday morning, Jeff took Gabby on a birthday "date". It was so cute! They got some breakfast at McDonalds(her request!) and then went to Knox Mountain for a little hike/walk to the first lookout. Gabby walked the whole way and had so much fun with her daddy! Gabby thrives when she has one on one time with us. We are trying to make more of an effort to do that with our kids.



And today, her actual birthday we had all the grandparents over for dinner! She got a few more presents and then we had her favorite foods for dinner. She requested macaroni and sausages!! So, I made homemade mac 'n cheese and Jeff bbq'd some sausages. And we had Banana sour cream cake with cream cheese icing for dessert...so yummy!!


We got the girls new comforters for their beds for each of their birthdays. We gave Megan's her comforter today too...I like things to match! They were pretty excited to go to bed tonight.
I also found these cute little lanterns at the dollar store! I think I will go back and get one more because they match their room perfectly!
On Tuesday it is my brother's birthday and I know he reads this...so a BIG happy birthday to you Loren!! We love you so much. We can't wait to see you again!!

4 comments:

tomandlynette said...

Happy Birthday Gabby! Your posts are lots of fun, Tanya. When Sarah (she's 8) saw your blog, she was so surprised to see the beautiful blankets on your girls' beds. That is the exact pattern she told me that she wished she could have! She had just seen it a few days ago somewhere, and loved it! Lynette

kelly ens said...

Super cute pictures! I am doing the same theme for Taeya's party next month! thanks for some inspiration :)

Kirsten said...

Love that first picture of Gabby! Glad you had such a fun celebration for such a great gal : )

Loren and Alicia said...

Wish we could have been there! Love you sis and we will be up there soon! Give Gabs a big hug and kiss from us!