Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter weekend


We had a wonderful Easter weekend! Both sets of our parents were out of town for the weekend, so we spent most of the weekend with friends.


We went to church on Good Friday to focus on the sacrifice Jesus made for us. It's a hard day to remember, but so thankful that it's not the end...thank you Jesus for being our risen Savior!!



We had beautiful weather for most of the weekend and spent lots of time outside!! Sunday morning we went to church and had a great service of celebration. We had a little Easter egg hunt when Marty woke up from his nap. On Sunday afternoon, our friends had us over for their family dinner. It was so nice of them to include us. The kids enjoyed an Easter egg hunt at their house too. Our house is over flowing with chocolate!




Every year, we have a potluck dinner with our friends over Easter. We had the potluck this year on Monday. We usually have it at our house, but this year we went to some friends house. The kids had a great Easter egg hunt in their "forrest"!! Marty was more interested in playing, the in hunting for eggs.




Group shot...

The kids were all dressed up in their "Easter" clothes on Sunday. We had to get some pictures of all three together!
Trying to get a picture with all 3 is no easy challenge...



I've been sick with a chest cold for the past week. I'm on the mend now, but yesterday Jeff wasn't feeling great:( Marty has a snotty nose, but the girls seem to be fine.

I'm on a women's soccer team again this year. We have had 2 games so far and I'm loving the team I'm playing on. All the ladies are so nice and encouraging to each other. We've lost both our games, but the score on both games was 2-1...so not too bad! I pulled my quad last year and I'm in better shape this year. I have been doing some running and more stretching and so far my quad feels great. I can tell I'm in better shape this year too because my lungs don't hurt so much when I'm running. Usually for the first month of soccer I'm so tired and so sore!! I'm still a little sore the day after the games, but it's a "good" sore:) Jeff is so supportive and encouraging of me playing soccer. I usually have to leave the house about 5:15pm and so he has to feed the kids dinner and bath them and put them to bed on his own. He is totally capable, but I know it's a lot of work! I'm a SO thankful to have such a wonderful husband:)

We have a busy weekend coming up...friends over for dinner, 2 birthday parties, church, etc. Should be lots of fun!!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

beautiful tulips, and great pictures of the kids in their Easter finest! :)

Traci said...

Great post, Tan! Looks like you had a fun weekend. We sure miss you all!