Friday, May 6, 2011

To my Mom's...

I am currently writing this post while I sit outside in our backyard on the laptop! I am LOVING the sunshine!! I'm really hoping Spring is finally here...it's been a LONG winter. Marty is inside napping and Gabby is playing here by my feet.

Well, it's Mother's day today and I just have to say I think I have the 2 best Mom's in the world!! Thank you for being Godly women who I truly respect and admire...


I am so thankful to you Mom for always loving and encourging me. Thank you for your calm and gentle spirit (which I wish I had more of!), thank you for being an incredible grandma to our kids. I love you more than words can say!




And to my Mother-in-law, thank you for loving me as if I were your own, thank you for always being there for us, thank you for your amazing love for our kids and for us. We love you so much!


I now I have the incredible privilege to be a mommy to my 3 angels! Some days it is the hardest job on earth, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am SO blessed to be a mommy to Megan, Gabby and Marty. They fill my life with so much joy!!

Megan doing some yoga and showing me her work around her classroom...


Megan had a Mother's day tea with her kindergarten class this week. All the mom's were invited to it. It was so special and fun to be a part of it. We got to go to different stations, draw a picture together, make a bracelet, get a hand massage and get a photo taken together. Then the class sang a few songs and did some yoga and dancing. Then each child presented their mommy with a gift. It was a homemade bookmark that each child had made. It was the sweetest little gift ever!! I, of course, was a little teary eyed and Megan asked why I was crying. I will keep that bookmark as long as I live:)



It was also Teacher Appreciation week this week and Megan and I decided to make her teacher a little gift. I saw this idea on a blog and I thought it was so cute. It's flower cut outs glued to pencils and then put into a little vase with easter grass. The little note Megan wrote says "Thank you for helping me to "bloom". Megan has a really great teacher, so I wanted to do a little something for her.

The Mothers day bookmark Megan made me...


I can not believe that Megan has less than 2 months left of kindergarten. I'm looking forward to having her home during the summer, so we can do some fun things!!

We had a super busy weekend last week and a pretty busy week this week. It feels like I haven't been home much, so I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Jeff has been feeling a bit sick this week, he had a fever for a few days and he's congested. It feels like sickness never really goes away in our family:( I'm hoping we have a sickness-free summer!

Jeff and I went on a date last night and we had a great time. We went out for dinner and then wandered around Home Depot and Walmart(I know really exciting hey?!?!) But, running errands without the kids is SO much easier and more relaxing. Jeff's parents graciously agreed to watch our munchkins, thank you so much!

Happy Mothers Day to my mom and my mother-in-law and to all my friends and family who are mothers. May you feel honored and blessed and loved in a very special way today!!

2 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Happy Mother's Day Tanya! A terrific post. I love that card from Megan. The toughest part of your job is cooking dinner. Even uncle can do that!

Elissa said...

That bookmark is the cutest thing ever.