Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A little of this and that...

Megan and Gabby have been in gymnastics lessons for the past few months and they both absolutely love it! I got a great 1/2 price deal for the lessons on Twongo. Gabby goes on Monday mornings and Megan goes after school on Wednesdays. So it's been a little busy with driving them to and from. But they love it...so it's worth it!
Gabby...





Megan...



I bought some "make your own popsicle" containers at Superstore a few months ago and figured it was time to make some. I wanted to buy the containers at the end of season last year and they were sold out everywhere. So this year, I bought the first ones I saw:)

I kind of made up my own recipe for the popsicles...

I cut up 2 mangos...

2 bananas...

and added 2 small containers of vanilla yogurt...

I poured it into the popsicles and I drank the leftovers...it was yummy!!

I think they like them...


I also tried an awesome new banana muffin recipe. A girl I work with brought some to work a few weeks ago and they were amazing!!

They are Crumble Top Banana Muffins...try them, you will not be disappointed! I usually double the recipe because they are so good:)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

I had a soccer game last night at 9pm...that's right, it started at 9pm! For those of you that know me, that is usually when I'm heading to bed. So it was hard for me to get motivated to go. Besides the fact that it was POURING RAIN and had been for several hours. I knew the field was going to be soaking wet. We play rain or shine, so I knew it wasn't going to be cancelled:( The moment I stepped onto the field, my socks and cleats were soaking wet. But, we got used to it and still had fun. By the middle of the second half the rain had stopped and it was a comfortable temperature. It was just hard for me to unwind and settle to sleep after that. I don't think I fell asleep until close to midnight!

The kids love to play on their bikes on the driveway. We are planning to train Gabby to ride a 2 wheeler this summer!

Also in the plans for summer is potty training this little guy...

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

i would LOVE to put our kids in gymnastics...but we're on a one-activity limit, so ballet is it for now :) looks so great!!!
we are also attempting some potty training this summer, AFTER we get home from 2 weeks of camping!

Traci said...

Haha! Marty looks a little skeptical about the potty training!