Monday, June 27, 2011

Trying to catch up...

Ahhhhh....this blog is getting away on me again! I just can't seem to catch up with everything that has been going on. Now I have to think back several weeks to what we have been up to.

A few weeks ago, we bought a trampoline for the kids! They have wanted one for awhile now and we found a great deal on a used one. They love it and it is getting lots of use. We bought it from a family that lives only a few blocks from our house and this is how Jeff transported it to our house on our little truck...



One of the bike stores in town was having a "mini" bike race for kids and we wanted the kids to try it. We brought all their bikes down to the store and they got their own race numbers...so cute! Marty did the practice round and the girls did not want to participate. I think Gabby would have done it if Megan had. Oh well...we gave it a try, maybe next year they will do it. They also had a BBQ at the bike store, so we all had some hot dogs and Jeff looked around the store.



We had a great Fathers Day celebrating my dad, Jeff's dad, Jeff's grandpa and Jeff!! They are all really incredible fathers and I feel blessed to have each of them in my life:)

We had all our parents over for a BBQ dinner of steak, potatoes, salads and of course desserts. Jeff's favorite dessert is peach pie and we had some homemade frozen pies from last summer when Jeff and his mom made tons of pies. So, we had one peach pie and then I made homemade Boston Cream Pie...I think they both went over really well!



I bought Jeff a new bike helmut for Fathers day. It wasn't the right color, so Jeff exchanged it for a different one. He has been riding as much as possible, probably 3-4 times per week! He really loves it. And on the days he doesn't ride his bike, he usually goes for a run. He's a machine:)

Megan's class at school had a special Fathers Day celebration a few weeks ago!! It was such a special little date for Megan and Jeff. The kids gave their dad's neck/back massages, showed them their school work, read together and finally Jeff got a special gift from Megs. His very own Fathers day bookmark! It is SO cute and he has it in his book right now, so he can look at her sweet little face whenever he reads his book:) **we have pictures from this, but they are on the other camera. I will try to add them later**

Megan is done kindergarten on Wednesday and I can not believe it!! She had her year end class party today and they went to an indoor play place and did rock climbing, gymnastics and played. Megan had so much fun! I'm looking forward to having her home for the summer and not having to get everyone ready and out of the house for school by 8:15am! Megan and Gabby have been playing really nicely together lately and I know Gabby will love having Megan home too.

We went camping this past weekend for our annual church campout! We went to Kettle River Provincial Park. It's a very nice park with big open spaces. The river was really high and flowing fast, so we didn't let the kids go anywhere near it. We went up Friday afternoon and came home on Sunday afternoon. The weather was rainy and cold the first night, but the days were pretty nice. We were in a tent and it was fine, but I'm trying to convince Jeff to get a tent trailer...we'll see how that goes! Maybe we will get one in a few years. I think we would do more camping if we didn't have to tent. I just don't like being dirty and not having a dry/clean place to hang out if the weather's not great. We still have a fun time and the kids absolutely loved it and loved playing with their friends. The park also has a nice playground and we went there lots. The kids didn't fall asleep until about 10pm each night and were up before 7am...needless to say, we were all tired yesterday and are still recovering! We all had a great sleep last night in our own beds:)


















We have a busy week coming up...both Jeff's brothers and their wives are coming for a visit and we are so excited to see them! I can't wait to see my sis-in-law's new little baby bump...and I can hardly wait until December to meet our newest neice or nephew:) We are all going to see the Cirque de Soleil show on Saturday and I'm looking forward to some grown up time with our family. Our friends(thanks Jas & Warren) have gracious offered to watch our kids for us...I think I have some pretty great friends:)

I hope we have some better summer like weather this week, so we can spend some time outside!! It sure has not felt like summer yet...

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yay! An update. I missed you. Camping looks awesome. Marty looks like such a little man now. Wow! Wishing I could come up for a quick visit. Love you.