Sunday, April 8, 2007

Due In 5 Days

I can hardly believe it, but this baby is due in 5 days. Where has the time gone?? I wake up every morning now wondering if this is going to be the day!! When I was at the doctor's this past week, she told me I am 1 cm dilated and she "stripped my membranes", hoping to get things going. I had that done twice with Megan and I'm not sure it did anything. So far nothing seems different since I had that done. My doctor is on-call for our clinic this weekend, so I think she wants me to have it sometime this weekend.
The weather for the past couple of days has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I think yesterday was something like 24 degrees. We spent most of the day outside. Jeff has been digging up grass around our cedars in the backyard to put in drip irrigation. He was digging for about 7 hours straight for 2 days. He was totally exhausted. I felt bad, because I could not help him with it. He made 2 loads to the dump. Megan just loves to be outside in the fresh air. We have Molly again because Jeff's parents are in Portland visiting his brother, Eric. Megan just loves to have Molly around to play with!!
Megan helping daddy with yard work!

We went to church this morning and had a great Easter service. I just love some of the old hymns we sang!! I am just overwhelmed by Jesus' love and amazing sacrifice for us on that cross. And today is so awesome because he arose and we have victory in him. What amazing LOVE!!

Today we are going to have an Easter egg hunt for Megs. But, of course she does not eat chocolate or candy, so we bought her some plastic eggs that have Play-doh in them. She loves Play-doh!! We are going to hid them in the backyard and she can collect them. We'll be sure to take some pictures. My mom and dad are coming over tonight for Easter dinner and for my dad's birthday. My due date is actually my dad's birthday and he is very excited about that! I have made a ham in the crockpot, salad, potatoes and a cake.

I will keep you all posted as to the baby news!! Bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya,
I stumbled across your blog...it's so nice to see how you're doing! We are very, very excited for you and you're in our thoughts and prayers in the next weeks. We're still holding onto our little one, thankfully! We'll keep in touch and WOW, Jeff is working hard. Chad was feeling his pain!
love you guys
Annette
PS Haylie says Hi to Mee-mo!

Kirsten said...

I can't believe we are nearly at your due date! Wow! I continue to pray for you all of you. Can't wait to hear the news.