Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I'm all done now mommy"

Today we had swimming lessons for Megan for the first time in about 7 months!! We have been talking about it for weeks, ever since I signed her up for the lessons. So, today we got there and she was really excited about it. The kiddie pool (warm pool) was drained because there was a leak in the liner and so we had to spend the whole lesson time (1/2 hour) in the "cold" pool. At first it seemed okay and then about 15 minutes in the lesson, Megan started crying and saying "I'm all done now mommy". I told her we had to stay and that we would go in the hot tub at the end of the lesson. Well, when we got to go in the hot tub she was happy as a clam!!! She just hates the cold water. Anyways, the said it would take about 2 weeks for the kiddie pool to get repaired, so now I have postponed her swimming lessons for 2 weeks and maybe she will be happier then:) My mom looked after Gabby while I took Meggie swimming and I think it worked out pretty good!! Thanks so much mom!!
And today we got our brand new double jogging stroller!! We were very excited about this. I ordered in online from Costco about 2 weeks ago and didn't know when it would come, but today it did. When we came home the box was sitting on the back deck. Megan wanted to get it out right away and she was thrilled!! She says "my go in there, Gabby go in there". Too cute!! So, of course we had to take it for a test drive this evening. We just walked about the block and this stroller is so great and very light. I'm so happy we got it!! You can tell the girls like it too!
This past weekend our friend was in a dirt biking accident and broke 2 bones in his leg and fractured his back:( He is in the hospital and will be there for about a week. He had surgery on his leg on Sunday and we went to visit him about an hour after he got out of surgery. He seemed okay, but was still pretty groggy from the medication. He will have to be in a back brace for about 10 weeks and can not work for 3 months. Please pray that he will fully recover and not have any permenant damage.

This past week I have been pulling out old clothes from Megan that will now fit Gabby. It's so fun putting all those cute clothes on her!! I can't believe that Megan used to fit in those clothes.

Meggie enjoying a homemade waffle and custard breakfast!!

Well, both the girls are sleeping now...I think!! At least the house is quiet. I think I will go to bed and read for a little while now. Megan has been waking up at least once at night for a while, she just wants to be wrapped up in her blanket and given a hug. That's fine, but I'm getting tired of getting up at night with her. I hope this ends soon:(
Good night!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh...can I come on a walk with you? Love the pics, love your great new purchase, love you guys! Miss you. I can't believe how big the girls are. Please give them hugs and kisses from me!

Keith - Kristen said...

How handy is your new purchase?! 'Right on' for things that make life just a little more easier. Hope swimming lessons go a little better in the warm pool next time. Cole loved his swimming lessons and can't wait to start again. Teagan has always seemed to enjoy the water when we go to the pool or beach - so far any way :) Have a good one, so glad to catch up with your fam!