Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Our little angels!!

Another week has gone by and I can't say we have done anything to exciting! But, I will post about the everyday things(hopefully some of you still enjoy reading about that!!).

Last Sunday was our church kick-off for the "new year". It was held at waterfront park instead of at the church. The weather was really warm and it was nice to be outside. There were tons of people there! Megan was happy to run around and roll down the hill. Gabby was a little fussy...I think she was tired and the loud noise was distracting for her. Jeff took her for a little walk and managed to get her to sleep. Later that afternoon we had some friends over for a BBQ. We just hung out in the backyard and visited. Meggie and Kye had a bath together at the end of the evening and they both loved it!! They are such good little buddies!! This past Sunday at church Jeff took Megan to her "class" and he had a little talk with her outside the room and talked about her staying in class while mommy and daddy go to church. She said "okay" and Jeff left her and walked down the aisle and after about 15 seconds she was screaming for us:( Jeff then told her she could go back to class or come to church with us and she decided to come to church with us. I hope one day she will go to class by herself. She really loves it there, she just wants us there too. I think we have to let it be her decision and when she is ready she will go...here's to hoping!!
Jeff's dad came home from Sask. this past week and we got to see lots of pictures from his visit there. It seemed like he had a good time there. My parents were gone last week as well, they went to visit Loren and Alicia in California...one last time before they move!! They had a great time with them. Megan and I went to pick mom and dad up from the airport and Meggie wanted to see the "BIG" airplanes, unfortunately there were none there that we could see at the time. We will have to take her on one sometime, she will absolutely love it!I put Gabby in the exersaucer for the first time this week and she loves it! I think she just likes to be upright instead of lying down all the time. Meggie is such a good big sister and always brings Gabby toys to play with, she also likes to spin Gabby around:) We went to mission creek park on Friday to watch the Kokanee spawn...but I think it was a little early, because we only saw like 2 fish:( We will try to go again this week and hopefully we will see more. Megan has more fun throwing rocks off the bridge anyways. Although I told her she should probably not throw rocks in the creek while the fish are there because she could hurt them. Gabby is 5 months old now. I just can't believe it! She is so much fun...she is such a happy and smiley little girl! She is really filling out now, I'm not sure what she weighs now, but probably around 15 lbs. She's still sleeping great! She still has 3 naps in the day and sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. I couldn't ask for a better baby! And when she wakes up she just "talks" in her crib until we come get her. When we go in to see her she gets SO excited and gives us big smiles!!

The weather is starting to get colder here now. This morning was so cold I was tempted to turn on the furnace, but I think September is a little early for that. I realized that I have very little clothes for Megan now that she is growing so much. We went to Value Village the other day and I bought her some "new to us" clothes for colder weather. I got her a sweater and pants and I got Gabby some cute overalls. Everything was $4 each...good deal! And the clothes look like brand new. I will definitely be shopping there more often. Daddy and his girls!! So cute!!

Now when we tell Megan we love her she says "I love you too". It just melts my heart. And the other morning she was lying in bed with me and she put her hands on my cheeks and said "mommy your beautiful". Things like that make being a mommy the best thing!! I absolutely love and adore these little girls God has blessed us with!

The other day Megan started to sing the ABC song. I sing is quite often to her, but I didn't know she could sing the whole thing by herself. She picks up on everything that we say and she doesn't forget a thing!!

I need to go make some dinner now, but I want to wish aunty Alicia a very happy 30th birthday(yesterday)!! We can't wait to see you guys again! Bye for now.


1 comment:

Keith - Kristen said...

You definatly look like you have your hands full with those girls. And kissing in the tub - so great, love that one!