Friday, September 7, 2007

A great week!!

Last Sunday, September 2nd, was our 7th wedding anniversay!
Wow, how time flies! We hadn't really planned on doing much because we were just out the weekend before for my birthday...that's what happens when your birthday and anniversary are only a week apart:( But, on Sunday morning Jeff suggested we go out for breakfast instead of going to church. We went to the Harvest golf course for breakfast and it is so beautiful there. We did take the girls, since it was kind of a last minute decision and they were awesome!! Megan sat at the table so nicely the whole time! Afterwards we took some pictures because the scenery is so nice there and then we went for a drive and looked at houses (no, we are not looking for another house...we just like to dream!). I feel very blessed to have Jeff as my husband and best friend and he is an amazing daddy to our girls! I love just watching him with them...and they absolutely adore him too!! Thank you Jeff for all that you are and I love you so very much! I look forward to the rest of our lives together!!
Meggie was quite excited about her cinnamon bun!!

On Monday we had went to a salmon BBQ at our friends house. Caleb and Steve had gone on a fishing trip and they both caught huge salmons. One was 41 lbs and the other 25 lbs. We they had lots of fish to share!! It was nice to see lots of our friends again. We had the girls with us and they were the center of attention there.

The school by our house just recently built a new playground. It just opened this week, just in time for school to start. We had to try it out. Megan loves it and she climb up it all by herself and she especially loves the "bridge" you can walk across. I took the girls for a walk this week and we had to stop by the playground again...Megan insisted! I am finding it hard on my back to carry Gabby in the snugli now since she is quite heavy, so I put both girls in our one stroller and went for a walk. It didn't last very long because Gabby was "kicking" Megan in the back and she didn't like that:( So I think tonight Jeff and I will go out and check out some double jogging strollers. I really love to walk with them and I know I would use it alot.
Gabby had her four month shots on Wednesday and she did awesome! She hardly even cried during them and was totally fine afterwards! She was a little fussy later in the day, but now she is back to normal. She weighed 15 lbs with her clothes on today and was 25 inches long. Gabby has this new thing where she fits her whole fist in her mouth!! The health nurse thought this was quite funny, and couldn't believe she fits the whole thing in! I guess she has a big mouth:)
We took my parents to the airport that same day and they were off to California to visit my brother and sister-in-law. Meggie was pretty impressed by all the "big" airplanes. She has only been on one airplane and she was not even one year old, so I don't think she remembers it. Then after the airport we went out to Winfield to see mom V at her dental office. When ever we brush Megan's teeth we talk about "ama" at the dental office and then she sits still for a few minutes. Anyways, I thought it would be good for her to have a visit there. The staff were so nice to us and the dentist even counted Meggie's teeth for her!! Then "ama" took us out for lunch. It was a great day!! And of course I forgot to bring my camera and I really wanted to get pictures of her at her first dentist appointment..oh well:(
The girls love to have baths together!!

Last night I went out for dinner with a friend of mine from work and we had a nice visit! It's really nice for me to get out of the house once in a while without the kids! I was only gone for about 2 hours because Gabby will still not take a bottle, so I had to come home to feed her. And tonight mom V is coming over to watch the girls and Jeff and I are going out for a little date (more like fast food and some errands, but that's okay!). Should be fun!

6 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

Congratulations Jeff & Tan! You guys are both terrific and fortunate to have each other. In addition to that, you're both awesome parents. Your girls don't yet have a clue how blessed they are.

Nadine said...

Tan, the picture of Jeff and Megan is SO cute. I love it!!!

Keith - Kristen said...

Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I will definatly keeping up with you guys. This is great! You're daughters are so sweet! And you look gorgeous as ever! Wow, your one hot mama! Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and thanks again for connecting with me. It's great to see Kelowna people again. Congrats on your Anniversary, you guys have a beautiful family.

Jess said...

what a beautiful family! We hear updates occasionally from mom & dad braun! Great to see you guys are doing well!

Mal and Ellie said...

Enjoyed your blog!You look as young and gorgeous as on your wedding day!

Kirsten said...

What beautiful moments you captures Tan! Happy Anniversary! Sorry it is a little late. I was thinking about your wedding day. So fun. I feel like our friendship has grown so much since that time as well. I am so glad! Love you lots.