Friday, August 31, 2007

The "Farm"

So, last Sunday night we went to Jeff's parents place for another birthday dinner. The food was fabulous, as usual!! We celebrated mine and Curt's birthdays together. We had a great time together! Megan loves the riding elephant at ama and papa's house and I was getting her into her pajama's and she ran away from me and she decided to go for a ride on the elephant...naked!! Jeff took some pictures of me with the girls while we were there. I told him that we have hardly any pictures of me with the girls, so now we have some!! I'm sure she will love these pictures when she is older!!
On Wednesday evening we had some great friends over for dinner and the evening. We hadn't seen Rob and Leanne and their kids since March...it had been way too long!! We really had a great time with them. Jas and Warren were over also and we always have a great time with them. Megan really enjoyed playing with the kids, especially with the play-doh!!
Megan has a little cold right now. On Wednesday night she woke up about 5 or 6 times in the night and I couldn't figure out what was going on and in the morning she woke up with a runny nose. I did end up giving her Tylenol at about 1 am and she then did sleep until 7am. I was totally exhausted the next day, because I am not used to waking up at night anymore. Then last night she woke up twice and so I'm hoping tonight she will not wake up at all!! I think the first night she probably had a sore throat, but I don't know for sure.

Today, Jeff had the day off so we headed to Armstrong for the IPE. We hadn't been in a few years and we thought Meggie would really enjoy it and did she ever!! We told her this morning we were going to see animals, like on a farm. The whole drive to Armstrong she kept saying "farm now". She said it about every 2 minutes, she does not have a lot of patience right now and she didn't understand what an hour meant!! She was a little hesitant of the animals, but was very intriged by them. She saw lots of animals she had never seen in real life before. She even got to go in the petting zoo. She went in with Jeff and she wanted to be held the whole time! Their were pigs, goats, chicken and rabbits!! We even got to meet a goat named "Megan"...I just had to get a picture. We met our good friends, who live in Armstrong at the IPE...I was hoping we would see them and we did. And the girls got to make homemade instruments together!! Megs and I enjoyed a yummy ice cream cone together, always good ice cream from D.Dutchmen Dairy!! Megan even won a prize at the fair, a little purple hippo, she loves it!! We left the fair at about 12:30pm and I was hoping the girls would fall asleep on the way home, Gabby did, but Meggie just whined all the way home and then we put her in her bed and she was out!!
Jeff and I each had a stroller because Meggie didn't want to walk the whole time. Megs ended up pushing her own stroller for most of the time. She was a real trooper!
Here's daddy and Megan with the goat named "Megan". Too cute!!

Meggie was a little unsure of the big animals and she wanted to be held!! Gabby just stayed in her stroller and was really happy and she did have a little nap there too!
Megan said she wanted to take one of the baby pigs home!! They were pretty cute, but really stinky!!Here's where she won her little purple hippo!! She got to pick a ducky from the water and whatever letter was on the bottom, that's the size of toy she would win. She picked a "S" for small, but the lady gave her a medium toy!!

Enjoying the yummy peppermint patty ice cream!!

We had a really great time and I think we will make this an annual event with the girls. It was great to be able to go on Friday because I don't think it was as busy as the rest of the weekend will be. Megs is still a little small for the rides, but maybe next year she will be ready for them! We have no real plans for the rest of the weekend, but I'm hoping it will be relaxing. Jeff is currently working on the truck, he's replacing the brakes...so I hope that doesn't take all weekend!

Well, I'm off to fed my little one now and I hope you all have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tan,
We loved meeting up with you guys...sorry about Haylie. She kept asking where Mee-mo went and that she hadn't expected to see her at the fair. So weird...little people! You're right though. Saturday was pretty nuts. The only reason we were even there was because friends came up from the coast especially for the fair. We definitely are 'faired out' now! Hope the rest of your weekend was great! We're looking forward to making it an annual thing too...see you next year! jk! We'll definitely be in touch sooner!
Annette