Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We are so EXCITED!!

We talked to my brother, Loren and his wife, Alicia early this week and we are so excited, because they are moving to Seattle!!! They have been living in California for about 9 years now. (Alicia has lived there all her life). We are so excited to be closer to them and so we will get to see them more often! I still can't believe they are really moving, it probably won't feel real until they actually move there. Loren accepted a job with a plumbing company and Alicia will be looking for work. I just love them so much and can't wait to be closer to them! I have been explaining to Megan that Aunty Alicia and Uncle Loren are moving to Seattle, she repeats what I say, but she has no idea what this means! Loren and Alicia have not met Gabby yet because of the distance, so hopefully they can meet sometime soon. Jeff and I really need to get passports for us and the girls now!
Jeff's family was over last Sunday for a BBQ and Opa came over as well. Megan really loves Opa and it was so cute because they sat together at a table on the deck for dinner! While everyone was over they had to try out the new hammock. It's a real hit!
On Sunday my parents came over and had our first little movie night with Meggie. We watched "Ice Age" and ate grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken noodle soup. Megan lasted for about one hour and then she was done...I think she missed about the last 20 minutes. She really loved it! I was so fun watching her little expressions as she watched the movie. Now she keeps asking to watch the "moobie".

Last week I didn't leave the house from Tuesday to Friday. I was feeling a little house bound and really wanted to get out on Friday. I went to run some errands and I had the girls all ready to go in their carseats and then the car wouldn't start:( Jeff came home and jumped the car, because the battery was dead. I guess the interior light had been left on. It's all working now, except now Meggie says "car broken" whenever we get in the car. So we went for walks every day last week and it was great! The weather was really nice and so I would take the girls to the park and play for a bit too. I feel like it's a good work out because I push Megan and have Gabby in the snugli, so I'm carrying around some extra weight:) I think this is a cute picture of Gabs, but I don't know how to turn the picture, sorry about that!!

Yesterday a friend of mine and her little boy came over for a playdate and visit. We went to high school together so it had been a while since we talked. It was really good to reconnect again. And her little Sam is a real cutie! Megan was so good with sharing her toys and playing with him. Then today a friend of mine that I used to work with came over for a visit. She had not met Gabby yet, so she wanted to see her before she got to big! We also had a really nice visit and Megan loved her because she brought her donuts from Tim Hortons!! She won't forget that!

I hope you all are having a great week. Bye for now!

No comments: