Friday, August 17, 2007

4 months old today!!

Well, I'm sure you are all surprised that I have another post so soon! But, I had to write about Gabby's 4 month birthday! I can hardly believe our little girl is 4 months old already, the time really does fly by. She has been such a great little baby. She has rolled over twice now and continues to try...she gets about half way and just sits there, it's pretty cute! She smiles and laughs for us all the time. First thing in the mornings she is all smiles, especially when Meggie talks to her in her crib!

She is still a real thumbsucker, and right now I think it's cute, but I know it won't be forever. It's just hard to take away the thumb...but Megan still has her soother at night time. So, both are a bit of a challenge. Gabby was supposed to have her 4 month check up at the doctor this week, but it was cancelled because our doctor was put on bedrest for the rest of her pregnancy. Gabby will see a different doctor next week. I am anxious to see how much she weighs now. I haven't had her weighed since she was 2 months old!

This morning we went to the beach and park with some friends and Gabby just sat in her carseat and watched all the other kids. She is really a content baby, especially when she's outside. She does love the fresh air! She is still a little fussy in the evenings and I'm thinking it's because she is over tired. I'm going to try to put her to bed earlier. Ideally, I would love for Megan and Gabs to go to bed at the same time and then Jeff and I can have more relaxing evenings!!!

We are in the midst of potty training with Megan. She has been doing pretty good. She does still have accidents, which is fine because she's just learning. She doesn't tell me when she has to go pee, but I put her on the potty about every 1/2 hour and she goes. I just wish she would tell me when she has to go. I'm sure it will take time. She has also gone "poo" in her panties the last 3 days, so that is a little discouraging, but I have to keep at it! She usually does tell us when she has to "poo". She loves to wear her panties and yesterday I bought her some new ones and told her they were very special and she can't poo or pee in them, so we will see!!

Jeff has a baseball tournament this weekend and we hope to go watch a few of his games! Megan loves to watch him play and has so much fun at the games! Meggie thinks that when daddy is in the out field, he is "hiding" on her, so cute!!

I feel to truly blessed and grateful to have these 2 beautiful little girls!! They really are gifts from God. Even though sometimes I get frustrated with them, I love them so deeply. As a parent, it gives me a glimpse of how much God must love us...truly amazing!!

I have tried to add pictures to this post and it's not letting me, sorry about the lack of pictures:( I will add more next time!

No comments: