Monday, August 6, 2007

A few busy weeks...

Sorry it's been so long since my last post!! Life has been busy. After we came back from Oroville, Jeff's brother Eric came home for the following week. We spent lots of time with him. The girls sure love all the attention they get!! Jeff and his brothers and his dad went golfing one evening, and we had a family get together another night. On Saturday we went to Mission Hill Winery. We missed the winery tour because we were a little late and we couldn't stay for the next one because the girls needed to be fed and have their naps. Oh well, maybe we will do it another time. It is such a beautiful place up there and a great place to take pictures!
Then on Tuesday my sister and her boys came up for another visit. Paul is away in Africa for 5 weeks so my sister needed something to do!! We went to the waterpark on Wednesday and the kids loved it. Although Megan didn't like it at first because the water was cold, but by the time we had to go she wanted to stay. We had a little picnic lunch while we were there too! On Thursday my mom had to work, so Carm and the kids and I went to Walmart and then they came over to our house and the boys watched a movie and the girls slept and Carm and I scrapbooked. It has been so long since I have done that and now I am motivated and need to work on Gabby's baby book. On Friday night we met up with the family at the beach and had KFC for dinner and played in the sand. Megan loves to just watch and observe her boy cousins! And last night we had the family over for dinner and I think Carm and the boys go home tomorrow. So it was quite a busy week!
Auntie Carm and Megs at the waterpark!

Jeff was off work Friday and Monday this week and it has been so nice having him around. He did work at a friends house on Friday morning, but not for to long! On Saturday night we had some friends over for pizza and a movie. It was a boy movie, so Jen and I just hung out on the deck and talked while the boys watched the movie. It was such a nice warm summer evening!

We bought a hammock for our backyard a few weeks ago and yesterday Jeff set it up. It is so nice! We put it in a shady spot in the yard and it is really comfortable. Megan was unsure of it at first, but now she asks to go in it and swing! I told Jeff that we need to get another one, so we each have out own hammock!
Gabby is getting so big! We go for her four month doctor visit next week and I just can't believe how fast the time goes. She has been such an awesome sleeper. She has been consistently sleeping from 9 pm to about 7-8am for about 2 months now! She is a really happy baby and I am so thankful for that! I am not looking forward to her 4 month shots coming soon:( I went grocery shopping today and Jeff stayed home with the girls. It was the first time I have gone out without either of them. It was kind of weird, but also nice and relaxing for me. Gabby still will not take a bottle so that prevents me from going out without her. Hopefully soon she will get the hang of it, I will keep trying!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I love all the pics. Thanks for the update. Glad you have had some fun family times. Miss you guys! I think of you all the time, and when I think of Megs and Gabby, I think...."Gabby - Wide awake!" in that great voice that Megs has. Love it. Has she continued to say, "you're bothering me?" That was too funny.