Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our visit with Aunty Kirsten

My cousin Kirsten was here visiting this week and we had a great time with her!! We picked her up from the airport on Monday afternoon and she left this morning to go back home. We didn't do anything really exciting, but we just had fun being together. It is always so great having Kirsten come visit...she helps out with the girls so much and they adore her! Kirsten and I love to just talk, so we talked about lots of things this week. It was just so good to reconnect with her again.
We took Megan to her swimming lesson on Tuesday morning and since Kirsten was with us, I figured we should take Gabby in the water also. Gabby wasn't quite sure of the experience at first, but once she was moving around a bit she liked it! After swimming lessons we made our traditional run to Walmart. Please note we don't look great in this picture because we just came from swimming:)
On Wednesday, Kirsten treated us to Tim Horton's and then we went shopping with my mom. Megan really enjoys shopping too. Gabby took a little nap in her stroller. When we came home Kirsten, the girls and I took some fun fall pictures and in the evening we went to my parents house for some take-out Chinese food!! Very yummy. The one evening Kirsten decided to braid Megan's hair. We didn't know if it was long enough, but it worked quite well! She looked so grown up with her braided hair!! Megan was very fascinated by Kirsten's guitar and she loved to hear her play and sing! Megan found aunty's egg shaken in her guitar case and loved to use it and dance to the music.On Tuesday night after the girls had gone to bed, Kirsten and I went over to my best friend, Jassie's house. We just hung out and chatted and had some yummy hot chocolate! It was nice to get out for a little while without the kids!

We took Kirsten to the airport this morning and Megan and I were sad to see her go:( She is such a great friend(and cousin) and a fantastic aunty to our girls!! We look forward to next time we get to see her!!

On Sunday, we fed Gabby rice cereal for the first time and she LOVED it!! I was so impressed. She didn't spit any of the food out. Now I am feeding her the cereal 2 times a day and it's working out great. She turned 6 months old yesterday and I can hardly believe my baby is half a year old. She is growing so fast!!
Megan is enjoying pushing Gabby around in her doll stroller!! Gabby was having fun too, but she's a little big for it!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

8 comments:

Nadine said...

aw. looks like you had a great time. i hope you're doing really good these days. i'm excited to see your girls when i get back. they're both getting so big!! (and they definately are cute)
i loved the comment about post-swimming photo. very nice!

Keith - Kristen said...

That sounded like a really nice and special visit. I'm glad you all were able to enjoy each other.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking that you guys just got caught in a nasty rainstorm in the Walmart photo :) Glad you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

that last message was from me...sorry. Too used to facebook :P
Annette

Eric Vogt said...

Thanks for another post Tan! It's just been two weeks, and I miss you guys and the girls already. I'll forwards to seeing y'all at Christmas though!

Greg said...

I'm so glad you and Kirsten are so close. Good to hear you all had a nice time. Did your Dad try to make Kirsten pay for the Chinese?

tomandlynette said...

The doll stroller photo is adorable! Glad you and Kirsten had a great time together. Love Lynette. PS Love your hat

Kirsten said...

Miss you! Love you guys