Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thankful

I have so many things to be thankful for. I have been so blessed in my life and this past year has been no different. I am so thankful for an awesome husband who loves me and our girls so very much, and who works so hard, so that I am able to stay home with our kids! I am so thankful for our beautiful little daughters, who bring us so much joy and love. I am so thankful for our families who always love, support and encourage us...and who help us raise our little angels! I am so thankful for our friends who love us and our kids. I am so thankful for our health, which we so often take for granted. And most of all, I am so thankful for a loving God who never gives up on me and who has given me all of these blessings, and for that I will always be grateful!!
The girls watching Dora on a Saturday morning!!

We have had a very busy and full weekend. Jeff and I managed to sneak in a little date on Friday night. Jeff's parents watched the girls for about an hour and a half and we went out for dessert. It is good for us to spend time away from the kids sometimes, even for a short while. Jeff's brother, Eric, came up for the weekend and we spent lots of time with him. He loves the girls so much and they adore him!! We spent Saturday morning with my parents, since they were not doing a Thanksgiving meal this year. We went to IHOP for breakfast and then headed to the park. We finally were able to take some family pictures with the beautiful fall colors! Here are a few of my favorites...
Meggie with her little friend, and her new Dora doll!!

We had dinner with Jeff's parents on Saturday evening and we went to their church on Sunday morning and then had the big family Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday night. The meal was delicious of course! I tried not to overeat, but then it was dessert time and I can't resist pumpkin pie!! On Monday morning we had waffles and custard...the best. Then on Monday evening Jeff's brother and his parents came over for dinner and the boys played hours of Carcassone. It was a great weekend!!

So, this past Wednesday I had an appointment to get the girls pictures done in the studio at Walmart. I had talked to Megan about it for a few days before, to get her ready for it. I had bought the girls matching tights and they were all dressed up and ready to go. We got to the studio and Megan started to freak out. She did this last time I tried to get her pictures done when she was about 18 months old. I thought this time would be better because Gabby would be with her. No such luck:( She freaked out so much and then she got Gabby worked up and they were both crying. The one picture the lady was able to get of them together was with them both having bloodshot eyes from crying and tears running down their cheeks. Needless to say we did not buy the pictures and we will not rebook for another appointment. I will have to just be happy with the pictures we take at home!!

Megan has been sleeping better for the last 5 nights!! She has not been waking up at all in the night. I am so proud of her and I am very glad to be sleeping all night again. Gabby continues to be such a joyful baby!! She has found her voice in the last couple of weeks and she loves to SING!!! She is extremely loud and we love it!! My cousin, Kirsten called me last night and while we were talking she booked a flight to come visit us next week!! She is so great. I can't wait to spend time with her and just hang out. She has such a special place in my heart:) I told Megan she is coming for a visit next week and she got really excited...and we get to pick her up from the airport and Meggie loves the airport!! So fun.

Sorry this is so long, but I had so many pictures I wanted to share!! Hope you all have a great week.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

The fall pictures turned out so well. I was thinking we should go on a fall walk and take pics of the beautiful leaves. What do you think? See you in 5 days!

tomandlynette said...

I hadn't "checked on you" in a while. So glad you're having such a great time with your family. Your girls are so sweet! That stroller is wonderful! I love all your pictures. Have a fantastic time with Kirsten! Lynette