Friday, October 26, 2007

The pumpkin patch

Today we headed out to the pumpkin patch and corn maze with some friends. It was so much fun and we had a beautiful day!! It was quite cold this morning, but the sun came out and it really warmed up. I dropped Gabby off at my mom's house for about an hour and Meggie and I went to the pumpkin patch. I forget how much easier things are with only one child!! Meggie loved the pumpkin patch and tried very hard to pick the pumpkins up. The corn maze was fun too! My friend picked a couple of old husks of corn and gave them to the kids. Meggie just liked carrying the corn around:) We also bought a pumpkin to take home so that Meggie and daddy can carve it together!
Believe it or not, we had a hail/snow storm at our house yesterday!! It was like a blizzard outside for about 10 minutes. It was beautiful. After the storm was over the sun came out and the snow disappeared. Weather is so crazy sometimes!!
I decided to try Megan's monkey costume on from last year, as she will be wearing it for halloween. It fits her perfectly!! Last year it was a little big. Meggie is so excited to wear her monkey suit. She has now learned to say "trick or treat". We are looking forward to taking her around the cul-de-sac for halloween. Jeff and I quite enjoy the candy!! Gabby is going to be piglet this year. I'm getting good use of these costumes.
For the past week or so, Jeff has been working hard on building me a scrapbook desk!! He has set it up in the storage room downstairs. It will be so nice to have a place to do scrapbooking and not have to always put it away afterwards! He even put up a new track light over the desk and a little lower section of desk for the girls to play at!! Now I just need to organize all my scrapbook stuff and then get working on it...I'm so excited!!We have no really exciting plans for the weekend, but I'm sure it will fill up and we will be busy! Last weekend we tried to get a little bit of Christmas shopping done. Christmas is going to be here before we know it!! I think I will go organize some more things in my scrapbook room now. Bye for now!

3 comments:

Keith - Kristen said...

Wow those fall pics (of your backyard I think)are amazingly beautiful! And that desk, Wow! Go Jeff! How nice to have a place of your own to work on your memories.

Kirsten said...

So glad you made it to the pumpkin patch. I love the pics. And I love the little piglet and monkey!! It is so funny because Gabs looks so chubby as a piglet, and I never think of her as chubby!

The Pemberton's said...

I am so glad I found your blog! I didn't know you had one. I love pumpkin patch pictures!