Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Fun

We have had a fun week! For Halloween the girls got all dressed up...Megan as a monkey and Gabby as Piglet and we headed out for some candy! We just went around our cul-de-sac which has about 10 houses and that was the perfect amount for Megan. She was so thrilled to get all the treats from the neighbours. She was especially excited about getting chips!! It was so cute when she went trick or treating because she would say "trick or treat" after ringing the doorbell, but before anyone came to the door. She didn't totally get it:) But, she had so much fun and asked to go trick or treating when she woke up the next morning...it's hard trying to explain to a 2 year old that this only happens once a year!!
Check out all the candy!! Megan shares her treats with mommy and daddy!!

And here for all you Dora fans!! Jeff carved this pumpkin on Tuesday night with Meggie's "help". He did a fantastic job!! It took him about 1 1/2 hours to get it all done. What a great daddy he is!!

We managed to get out to the park this morning with some friends! It was a little chilly, about 3 degrees. I had the girls all bundled up and we all stayed warm. Megan is sporting her new winter jacket that she got from Ama and Papa dog. It's so cute and it fits her great!!

The other morning I put Gabby into bed with Meggie and she loved it! They just lied in bed and "talked" to each other. It was so cute!! I love watching them interact together and they just adore each other...for now!

I am so looking forward to this weekend because my brother and sister-in-law are coming up for a visit! We haven't seen them since last Christmas...far too long:( And they haven't met Gabby yet, so that will be fun!! We are going out to a Greek restaurant on Saturday night to celebrate my mom and Jeff's birthdays!! So fun!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tan! Your blog is so cute--I know the girls will be thrilled to the see pictures of Megan and Gabby on here. Right now they're addicted to YouTube--watching worship songs sung live!
Love, Leanne Dyck

Greg said...

I wish I'd seen this earlier to get you to say hello to Loren and Alicia for me. Loved the pumpkin, great job! Did you make the costumes?

Kirsten said...

How many times can I write CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! Seriously, I am in love with your girls!! ha ha. Hope you had a great visit with Loren and Alicia. Loren if you read these comments...I told Tan that you have to send me an email :) And Jeff...so impressed with the Dora pumpkin. I love your need for tools to make it. Did you let Megan help? Love you guys.

Jess said...

wow that dora pumpkin is amazing! you know a dad loves his girls when he'll carve out dora! (it is dora right?!)