Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Jeff!!

Today is Jeff's 29th birthday!! He's finally as old as me. I am so thankful and blessed to have him as my husband. He constantly makes me laugh and smile. He is an incredible daddy to Megan and Gabby. They both adore him!! I love watching Jeff play with our girls. I can't imagine my life with anyone else but him, he completes me. Thank you, Jeff, for who you are. We love you so much.
Meggie, Gabby and I have had colds this week. It's bound to run through the family when you have little kids. I'm currently trying to teach Meggie how to blow her nose. She is doing really good. Gabby had her 6 month shots on Tuesday and she did really well, just a little crying during the shots. She now weighs 18lbs 7oz (with her clothes on). She is eating all her cereals now and squash and carrots and she seems to like them all. Today at lunch I noticed something white in Gabby's mouth, so I went and washed my hands and felt in her mouth and she has a tooth!!! I couldn't believe it. Meggie didn't get her first tooth until she was 8 1/2 months old, so I just wasn't expecting it. She's growing up so fast!!
We have been having issues with Megan not listening these days. She is being very defiant. She has starting hitting and pushing Gabby. We're really not quite sure what to do with her sometimes. Also, at bedtime she is freaking out and we just let her cry for a bit and then go in to tuck her back in. She doesn't want anything...she just doesn't want to stay in her bed. Jeff and I have been getting quite frustrated with her lately. And because of her cold she has been waking up at night a lot again. I hope this is just a stage:(

My parents came over on Sunday for a little visit and we decided that Megan needed to have a little haircut. She has never had one before, except I have cut her bangs a few times. She sat very still and behaved really well during the haircut, I was impressed!! My mom used to cut our hair all the time when we were kids. I don't think I had a professional haircut until I was about 18 years old!!
We had some friends and their kids over on Sunday night for dinner. It was really fun and the kids had a blast together. I love watching Megan "play" with her friends now. Of course, dinner is always a busy time with 6 adults and 5 kids!!

Tonight we are ordering some pizza for Jeff's birthday and I have made him his favorite homemade oreo cookies!! Some of our other friends are having us over on Sunday for another birthday dinner. Jeff is getting spoiled...he deserves it!!!

3 comments:

Eric Vogt said...

I can't imagine where Megan's defiant and stubborn streak came from!

Mal and Ellie said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! Hope you've had a good one. We've enjoyed looking through your blog.

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!