Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blessings

We had a great weekend with Loren and Alicia!! It's so weird that they can just come up for the weekend now, as they live so much closer. The time went by really fast...but hopefully they will come back for another visit sometime before Christmas!! We won't be seeing them at Christmas this year because they will be going back to California:(

We went out for a fantastic Greek dinner on Saturday night. The food was really good and, of course, good company!! The girls did really good at the restaurant and it worked out well because we needed the girls to stay up a little later than usual because of the time change! Mom and Jeff got free desserts because we were celebrating their birthdays. Of course, we all enjoyed the desserts together!! After dinner, everyone came over to our house for some birthday cake. My dad was not feeling well and so ended up falling asleep on the couch while the rest of us visited!
Loren and Alicia had a great time hanging out with their newest neice!!
Loren and Alicia came to our church on Sunday morning and then we all had lunch together at mom and dad's, and then they headed home:( It was so great to see them again and the girls had a blast with their aunty and uncle. Alicia and Meggie had so much fun doing summersaults in the living room. I tried one summersault and my neck hurt from it. I remember doing them so much as a kid and it didn't hurt then!!

We went to Derek and Colleen's for dinner on Sunday night and Megan had so much fun playing "dress up" with aunty Colleen. Her hair looks a little scary in this picture...she desperately needs a haircut! Thanks so much guys for the great dinner and visit!

On Monday, I decided to rake the leaves in the backyard because it was a beautiful sunny afternoon. I felt completely fine while raking...but that night while trying to sleep my back was SO sore!!! In the morning, I felt okay and went for a walk with the girls to a friends house. But, yesterday morning I woke up and could barely get out of bed!! My back hurt SO bad. I had a hard time getting Gabby out of her crib to nurse her:( I called my mom and she came over for the whole day...she did everything for me. She vacuumed, cleaned out closets, emptied the dishwasher, etc. I went to the chiropractor in the morning and he said my back was in spasms and I had a pinched nerve! Today I woke up and my back feels so much better, not 100%, but definitely better. I will got back to the chiropractor again today. Thank you so much mom for all you help! I appreciate you so much. I love you!

Yesterday evening, Jeff was out doing some electrical work for our friends...the worst day for this to happen! Oh well. My friend Colleen was coming over for dinner anyways because Derek was out of town. I felt so bad because I couldn't even make dinner for her:( She still came over and brought us dinner!! What a great friend she is. Thanks so much Colleen for that. She also helped look after and bath the girls with me. I am truly blessed by the wonderful people in my life!

Gabby is eating her food so good these days! I have started her on squash this week and she seems to like it, although she prefers her cereals!! I have noticied her nursing for shorter times now because she is eating other things. She probably likes the variety! She is such a happy and joyful baby...I really love this age right now.

We have a really busy weekend coming up, just lots of visiting and hanging out with friends! I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully my back is better for the weekend:)






2 comments:

Keith - Kristen said...

Yeah for family!
Hope your back up and about soon!

Kirsten said...

Such fun pictures. Glad you had a good visit.