Monday, October 20, 2008

Loving Fall...

The leaves have started to fall off the trees in our backyard now and it's really starting to feel like Fall. I can't believe that it's almost the end of October now! The girls have been having so much fun playing outside and jumping around in the leaves.Gabby is now 18 months old and we had her check up last week. She is just a little thing...23 lbs fully clothed!!! She is 25% for weight and 75% for height. So tall and skinny like her daddy!! The doctor was very impressed with how still she sat for the check up. I could not believe that this was my little, always moving, always busy Gabby sitting so nicely:)I had my check up for the baby as well. I'm never thrilled when I have to step on the scale at the doctor's office:( Our baby boy is getting very active now and I love feeling him move! I am 23 weeks pregnant now and it seems to be going by very quickly.

We had a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. We had a dinner at Jeff's parents place on Sunday and dinner with my parents on Monday. But, sadly, we didn't have any turkey...Jeff's mom did a ham and I did chicken cordon bleu for our dinner on Monday. I guess we will have to wait until Christmas for turkey!! Speaking of Christmas, I can't believe it's only 2 months away now. My sister and her family have moved to Saskatchewan now and so they won't be coming home for Christmas this year:( We are looking forward to the rest of our families coming home!!
We took the girls to the pumpkin patch on the weekend and they loved it. We went on a hayride around the farm and then took some pictures and of course bought a pumpkin to carve! I don't know what Jeff is going to carve this year, since he did such an amazing job last year. They had a maze made of hay bales at the pumpkin patch and the kids loved getting "lost" and running around in there. Megan was a little unsure at the beginning and Gabby, who has no fear, was loving it:) Jeff and I continue to comment on how different the girls personalities are...it's so neat watching them develop into these little people.Yesterday we took the girls to the pool with some friends of ours and their little boy. The girls had a blast splashing around and playing in the water. It has been a while since we have gone to the pool. Gabby went under the water a few times and just popped right back up...she seriously has NO fear!! It's kind of scary. Then our friends came over for dinner and we had a nice visit!

Tonight, I have a meeting for the children's ministry at church. Jeff and I have volunteered to help out and teach children's church about once a month. It will be fun to see Megan in her class with all her friends!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

i love the fall pictures!
So cute how petite Gabby is - it makes them feel 'little' still, even when the next one comes along.
speaking of...i must have missed the post announcing you're having a boy! Congratulations! It's so different from having a girl, but it's so wonderful (so far! haha)

Anonymous said...

It's about time:-) We love the blog and seeing a liitle part of your lives! Love you all!!!

Greg said...

My trees here are just about empty of leaves, but I've always enjoyed the increase in color in the trees this time of year. I'm glad to hear about the girls developing their own unique traits.